1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Edition

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by NorthernSoul, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Diamond

Diamond Member

Post up some pic's if you can please.:)

When i was at the dealers yesterday, they had 3 BE delivered, so they must be building them still but can't understand why the delay in some cases. Also told me that anyone looking for a factory order would be looking at the end of Septemember, early October now.
  2. dubmeister

dubmeister New Member

Hi i'm new to the forum but have been pondering in the background for some time now, as ive got a BE on order, so interesting to read about the face lift but i have as yet had no email from the dealers about it, ordered on 18th april a 170 SB, one thing concerns me, when they introduced stop/start on the 140 tdi, I believe from previous posts that they now have a single exhaust tailpipe does anyone know if the 170 still has the twin?
    Last edited: May 15, 2010
  3. redleg

redleg Member

I placed my order for a sportback BE at the end of feb and pick it up next friday 21 may
  4. a3rick

a3rick The Ibis

Week commencing 24th May, newbury audi
  5. Diamond

Diamond Member

This was one of the reasons i changed my order from 140 to the 170 and now that the 170 is getting Stop and start tech. Me and the saleman went through all of the information on MY11 and even call Audi sales centre. As far as we both make out it still as twin exhaust. Plus on the Audi Germany web-site configurator it is twin. So my qutie sure it will be be twin exhaust still. Hope that helps.
  6. Diamond

Diamond Member

Its may look like your mite be one off the last MY10 model to be built before they switch to MY11 if your dealer is right.
  7. mojo555

mojo555 Member

Does anyone know what the dealis with the tech pack now being standard on the s3, i placed my order about 5 weeks ago without the tech pack and will be a my11 car so will it have the the tech pack or not???
  8. Diamond

Diamond Member

I think will almost be a MY11. Best thing do is find out if you have go a build date from your dealer, if not you are most defo going to be a MY11. Tech pack Satellite Navigation system - DVD-based, Bluetooth interface and Audi Music Interface.
  9. mojo555

mojo555 Member

Yeh thats what i thought, i havn't got a build date yet so there is no way it will be built by the end of the month, would be good if i got the tech pack extra as my dealer did say that the price i was quoted is the price i will pay regardless...
  10. Dan!

Dan! Quattro Drive

I collected mine on the 29th March and it has double pipes... Thankfully... :icon_thumright:
  11. Flat6

Flat6 Brilliant Black Black edition

Sun was shining today, so seemed like a good reason to give the new car it's first wax... :sm4:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  12. Diamond

Diamond Member

Very nice pic's. Great job black looks stunning. Makes me want my car even more, but still wating for a build date.:(
  13. xnox202

xnox202 Member

Hey, thanks for waxing my car.

Oh no wait, that's yours. Lol. Pretty similar to mine. Looks like a great job there. Needs a little polishing though. ;)

[​IMG]
  14. Symac

Symac New Member

OK latest update on the knocking noise is that Audi are confused as to what could be causing the noise. They have booked it in for next tuesday and are giving me a coutesy car so they can investigate further. They are also going to straighten my steering as the wheel is turned slightly to the left when the car goes straight. Really annoying when you have a flat bottom steering wheel, it makes it far more noticable.
  15. RB84

RB84 Member

Latest info on my 2.0 TDi 170 BE order;

Manchester Audi have now confirmed it has been 'ordered' and is in the system. It will be a MY11 car with the new spec including start/stop, new alloys etc.

Actual build date still not confirmed but I have been told that this will be confirmed by the end of this week or beginning of next (I have heard this before but hoping it's coming together now... maybe more blind faith).

I have been told that the MY10 alloys will not be available at all and that feedback has been less than positive on this change so far. The guy I spoke to was very apologetic but didn't see what else they could do to build my BE with the old alloys as they have been 'discontinued'. I'm a little pee'd off that the alloys were one part of the car that I loved and they will be changed and in my eyes don't look as good, but that is just the way it goes. As a company car the start/stop will mean the tax reduces slights which is one positive.

Not much else to report at the moment and if anybody has any luck in getting a MY11 spec'd with MY10 alloys I would be happy to hear from you! :)
  16. Jay.Ing

Jay.Ing Member

Has anyone got a picture of these new alloys for the black edition as im thinking of ordering one next month???
  17. deano670

deano670 Too Much Hype

previous page
  18. deano670

deano670 Too Much Hype

Callipers done

[​IMG]

im very happy with them
  19. redleg

redleg Member

:cool:
  20. Richy_C

Richy_C Member

Calipers look tidy Deano!

As for the new wheels i hear what your saying guys but lets see what they look like before we condem them, any dealer worth there salt should be able to source some if you really want them, maybe the old well i want my money back then as its not what i ordered needs pulling out the bag?

Have to remember that the current wheels are everywhere and i do agree that they look and suit the car too a tee but personally i like to be a little different from the crowd.

Will email my dealer again and see if they have any more info.
  21. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Moderator

Wow, looks gorgeous as does the little mini hiding in the garage!
  22. Flat6

Flat6 Brilliant Black Black edition

Thanks. She's a little camera shy though ;)
  23. AshG

AshG New Member

Now that's observation skills!
  24. Diamond

Diamond Member

That what the dealer told me when i placed my order, that i will get in build date in 10 days. Its been month and half still no date.
  25. Diamond

Diamond Member

Got anymore pic's? i want get my done when i get my car, but can't decide on red or black.
  26. RB84

RB84 Member

Well my full story is that I 'ordered' my car back in February at one Audi dealership and swapped because Manchester said they could deliver a car more quickly. Looks like they will probably even out in the end, but the contact at the dealership telling me it has gone onto their system as an order is a first for me! Lol

I also spoke to the manager at Manchester Audi and he told me the problems they have had with ordering and delivering BE A3's. He wasn't pulling a sob story at all but it sounds like Audi put out a very attractive package but were continuing to forecast production levels only slightly above 2009 data. As we can see now this has caused plenty of trouble in getting the cars built and delivered in anything less than 2 months. The MY11 update has seemingly caused yet more delay.
  27. deano670

deano670 Too Much Hype

i will get some high-res pics done.
  28. deano670

deano670 Too Much Hype

i will get some high-res pics done.
  29. Richy_C

Richy_C Member

All as previously posted but now with the pictures.

sorry had to spread the post as too many pictures.
  30. deano670

deano670 Too Much Hype

none of the bloody pictures work :blink:
  31. Diamond

Diamond Member

Same thing happen to me some how pic's won't load.
  32. RichardBrown

RichardBrown New Member

This website is knackered... when is it going to be fixed???
  33. unkle

unkle Beer God

Nothing wrong with this website, I think he's trying to link from photos in his web based email account inbox....

Try hosting them at Flickr or Photobucket then linking from those websites in your post.
  34. Richy_C

Richy_C Member

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  35. unkle

unkle Beer God

Nice GTI... :)
  36. Richy_C

Richy_C Member

37. RB84

RB84 Member

38. Richy_C

Richy_C Member

I think so, think its not as bright as that but if you check the previous page its pretty apparent there slightly different on the rim. this is all speculation though till someone actually gets one.
  39. Diamond

Diamond Member

40. RB84

RB84 Member

Thanks for the link Diamond! So it looks like the S3 BE has the same alloys as the A3 BE now... So in Audi's mind the new alloys should be a step up for us A3 BE customers? Interesting.

Still want to see a full picture of an A3 BE with those alloys to understand what it will look like though.