Black Edition

Hi all,

First post on the forum. The first of many i'm sure. I have just ordered a 2.0 TDI 140 Black Edition in Brilliant Red. I've been given an estimated delivery date of early August, so now I have a lot of time to impatiently wait for it. I've added comfort package and bluetooth, other than that its is standard. Can't wait for it to arrive.

I've looked through the whole thread, and there is only seems to be one Brilliant Red BE, and it's a sportback. Does anyone else have a Brilliant Red BE, and some photos of it that can be posted?

Thanks

Well I'll be sure to get photos up as soon as I take delivery!

Definately! 5 months sure is a long wait, wonder why its taking that amount of time?!

Mine was ordered early Jan and I collect Monday, thats only 3 months. Strange. Obviously thats the price of exclusivity (possibly being the only brilliant red and all!). It really is a torturous wait, many sleepless nights!

I just hope you manage to get an early delivery, that would be awesome.

Dan, I bet you cant wait till monday,what time you picking it up?

I have got a brilliant red black edition on order with open sky sunroof :cool: . ordered it late feb build week 16 = 19 april . delivery due mid may .
I will post some piccies on here when it arrives , if you live in or near cheshire you may seeit knocking about .

Yeh, 5 months is pretty outrageous, but nothing I can do. Factory order was placed yesterday. I'm hopeful of an early delivery, but won't get my hopes up just yet.

any reason why you went for brilliant red over misano red? just curious thats all

As far as i'm aware Misano Red isn't an option. It wasn't on the list of possible colours when configuring the car through company car scheme website. I don't think it is available on the audi website either is it?

it may have been dropped but in the Jan edition of A3 brochure its classed as an s line colour

As far as i'm aware Misano Red isn't an option. It wasn't on the list of possible colours when configuring the car through company car scheme website. I don't think it is available on the audi website either is it?

Misano red was the option on black editions till the dec 09 brochure came out then it was changed to brilliant red

Dan, I bet you cant wait till monday,what time you picking it up?

Lol. I could just be really cheeky and tell you to look at my sig... But I won't. I pick it up at 10am, so won't sleep all that great tomorrow night no doubt!

Also, how long do these things usually take? I'm assuming it's not a case of walking in, signing some papers, showing them your documents and then just being handed the keys. It's never that simple. Is it?!

Didn't take too long when I picked up my last car. Signed a couple of documents and went on my way. Managed to blag floor mats and a tank of fuel out of them, which lengthened the process somewhat.

Does anyone know if Stop Start standard on the 2.0 TDI BE? I can't seem to find out anywhere.

Any moderators there ? Should this thread not be moved to a sticky so that the rest of us can just get on with our own problems !!

Didn't take too long when I picked up my last car. Signed a couple of documents and went on my way. Managed to blag floor mats and a tank of fuel out of them, which lengthened the process somewhat.

Does anyone know if Stop Start standard on the 2.0 TDI BE? I can't seem to find out anywhere.

Sounds good! I can't believe they don't give you £35 floor mats when you're paying £24k for a car! Definately worth a blagging sesh I feel.

Sounds good! I can't believe they don't give you £35 floor mats when you're paying £24k for a car! Definately worth a blagging sesh I feel.

My current car is no 25k car. Just a fiat panda 100hp, so plenty of blagging was required.

My current car is no 25k car. Just a fiat panda 100hp, so plenty of blagging was required.

Gotcha. They surely give you floor mats in a BE A3? Can anyone confirm this so I know whether to go in with my haggling mindset on?

Mike - you going to ask them to sticky the 3.2 V6 engine problems thread too?! I didn't think we were exactly clogging things up with the one thread here...

Sorry redleg and Dan - it's not temper, or clogging up, that's driving my point. When threads like these generate so much interest from viewers ( both members and guests ) surely they deserve separate forum sections to reflect that interest.?

Sorry redleg and Dan - it's not temper, or clogging up, that's driving my point. When threads like these generate so much interest from viewers ( both members and guests ) surely they deserve separate forum sections to reflect that interest.?

Lol. Right, I see your point now... Could be useful, and it will save me having to search for it when I put some photos up after collection on Monday! :)

Lol. I could just be really cheeky and tell you to look at my sig... But I won't. I pick it up at 10am, so won't sleep all that great tomorrow night no doubt!

Also, how long do these things usually take? I'm assuming it's not a case of walking in, signing some papers, showing them your documents and then just being handed the keys. It's never that simple. Is it?!

it took 2.5 hours for a hand over. lots to go through

ENJOY!

^^^ No way! I was thinking maybe an hour max... Oh well, as long as I end up with my car at the end of then I guess I can't complain too much!

Unfortunately I keep getting reminded of the time change by people here at work, just means we lose an hour of sleep that will be made up by laying in an hour longer tomorrow morning! :zen:

its ok mike , my temper temper comment was a tongue in the cheek remark , not meant to be taken seriously,
so lets get a sticky thread

Indeed !! - how do we go about it ? I've PM'd the guy that welcomed me to the forum when I joined in January and asked him - do you know of a more effective way ( if there is one ) ?

Basically this thread has more replies and more views than any others ( bar one ) and surely deserves its own ?

Last edited:
sorry Dan didn't read your sig :lazy: I've also heard you'll be there a while. Good luck put some pics up asap tho. dont for get to ask for a FULL tank of fuel :yes:

Can you get the full tank can you? I was reading through the documents this morning (just trying to hide the excitement by looking like I was doing something useful) and it says £35 worth is all you get... Have you guys been successful getting the full tank when you ask for it?

Hey Guys and Dan :), poor you dan with the floor mats just a haggling method, I got FREE £100 ST MATS :p they might give you some if you say they are being more unfair than a ford dealership :)

Catch Up with you tommorow, Matt

Also dan give me a call when you are up for doing some photos and i will take down the tripod and shizzle.

I'll have to make sure I mention that to them then! :) I'm sure they won't like being shown up by a Ford garage!

Yeah, when I find some time I'll make sure I give you a shout - PM'd.

Last edited:
Definately ask for a full tank of fuel, as you've just spent a pot full of cash with them its the least they can do

hi all

finally manged to take some pictures today after it stopped raining all week :( , now just covered 2000 miles mark and going well :)

sorry not the best pics in the world :(

Jay

Well I arrived at 10am on the dot to collect the car this morning and by 10.20 I was walking out of the showroom with the keys in my hand. How is that for service?!

Been driving it around all day and so I thought that I would stop and take some photos to show everyone! I'm so proud of how nice it looks...
DSC08321.jpg

DSC08322.jpg

DSC08329.jpg

DSC08323.jpg

DSC08326.jpg

DSC08328.jpg

And last but not least, the exhaust...
DSC08330.jpg

Strange mine is a double and not a single. Maybe mine's just not 'green' enough! :) Not that I care one bit of course!

Its a lovely looking car Dan, I'm so envious...my wait goes on! Glad to hear that the hand over didnt take too long,did you get a full tank of fuel?

Didn't realise the Quattro versions had a Quattro badge on the grille. Had been thinking of getting an S-Line badge to make the grille less plain, but won't bother now! Considered the de-badge option on the back but wondered whether just "Quattro" logo on back would look any good (as presume that's all they leave on).

My 3dr 2.0TDI170 Quattro in phantom black has been built and "awaiting shipping" now for over 2 weeks, so getting envious at all these who are picking theirs up!!