Black Edition Alloys

Reaction score
Just looking at the Audi Configurator there, and the option for the old style alloys are there.

Glitch in the system or has anyone else got any info on this?

Screen%20shot%202011-06-09%20at%2012.55.17.png

Maybe they want to clear out old stock?

Funny you should mention that. I've just looked and it appears the 2.0TDI now comes with start stop. Has this only just starting being rolled out with this engine?

Currently with my dealer atm. She will phone me tomorrow.

Really don't like the new wheels, managed to sort a deal with my old man for his ones LOL.

Not sure about start stop tbh.

Really don't like the new wheels, managed to sort a deal with my old man for his ones LOL.

I was gonna do the same, mate.. 'til I saw the new rotor design 5 spoke wheels in the flesh on an S3- the titanium finish is lovely, it makes the bright lip really stand out, and they kinda made the a3 next to it with the other wheels look slightly outdated??:think: personal opinion though, but they've really grown on me and I wouldn't go back now.... plus they're much easier to clean!!

Last edited:
Funny you should mention that. I've just looked and it appears the 2.0TDI now comes with start stop. Has this only just starting being rolled out with this engine?

My MY11 2.0TDI came with start stop. Delivered end of March so not sure when this was phased in.

I was gonna do the same, mate.. 'til I saw the new rotor design 5 spoke wheels in the flesh on an S3- the titanium finish is lovely, it makes the bright lip really stand out, and they kinda made the a3 next to it with the other wheels look slightly outdated??:think: personal opinion though, but they've really grown on me and I wouldn't go back now.... plus they're much easier to clean!!

They are growing on me but I really don't think they'll grow that much I'd want to keep them. :notme:

My MY11 2.0TDI came with start stop. Delivered end of March so not sure when this was phased in.

Ours has SS although it doesn't seem to be working at present. Any ideas??

We have it on our Mini Cooper and there are so many parameters that stop it from working from Climate being on and working hard, battery not fully charged due to short runs or engine not up to fully working temp. These are just a few but I am sure the Audi system will work along the same lines.

Have you tried to do a proper attempt at getting it to work? Make sure A/C off, engine not too hot and stop in a really deliberate way? ie Brake the car to a stop with the car in gear, clutch fully down. Put handbrake on before taking car out of gear and releasing clutch.

If engine doesn't cut, it may be a trip to the dealers. Do you get the little symbol with a line through it on the DIS?