1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Badges and Mirror Caps for Facelift S3

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by SuperWhiteS3, Jul 9, 2009.

1. SuperWhiteS3

SuperWhiteS3 New Member

Just a couple of questions, I am after a set of Audi badges in gloss black for my S3. Is anybody aware of anywhere I might source some? Otherwise, is it a case of a DIY job and has anybody attempted this?

Secondly, I know some members have facelift mirror caps in gloss black via Audi Exclusive. However, is anybody aware of a supplier for just the mirror caps in gloss black, fitting around the LED indicators?

If I source from Audi can I just get black mirror caps or is it an entire new set?
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Mirror covers can be bought seperately but I'd get some 2nd user ones of the bay & just get them sprayed mate as its cheaper than audi for the same result & rings would be best to be removed & sprayed then stick back on.
  3. SuperWhiteS3

SuperWhiteS3 New Member

I'm going to get a second set of badges from Audi, any ideas on the charge? I will them DIY spray them myself possibly matt black. Any recommendations on the paint etc?
  4. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

When painting the badges, make sure you scuff them up well so the chrome is not shiny, then the primer will adhere better. If you just spray them black it will chip off easy!​
  5. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

very true & good advice