1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black A3 with 18'' RS4 Reps

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by GlasgowRangers, Jan 5, 2008.

1. GlasgowRangers

GlasgowRangers GlasgowRangersFC

Hello all. I'm new to this forum and I'm just about to be introduced to my new car. I'm originally from Glasgow but got married to my wife here in Turkey so have now settled here.

I have ordered a 2008 A3 1.8TFSi. I had initially opted for the 1.4 TFSi model but dropped out and decided to go for the 1.8 as there wasn't much price difference due to the promotion on in Turkey at the moment. I have ordered the Ambition model which is the equivelent of the Sports pack in the U.K. I only need to wait another 4 weeks until I take delivery!! I have requested the car in black with Xenon, park sensors, center armrest and Concert II with Bose as extras. I was going to go for the 19'' RS4 reps but decided against it as the roads here are Godawful and FULL of pot holes so I decided to go for the 18''s. I also ordered Abt lowering springs for it which will reduce the height by 35mms.

Does ANYBODY have any pictures of black A3s riding on this kind of set-up? I want to see what my car is going to look like!! These next 4 weeks are going to be torture!! Pictures from all angles would be great. Also, has anybody tested both the new 1.4 TFSi and 1.8 TFSi models? Was there much of a difference?

:weight_lift2: Cheers Troops.

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. sputnik

sputnik Member

Driven both the 1.8T and 1.4T, 1.8T obviously quicker but the 1.4T is very impressive (feels smoother and more refined than the 1.8T) and surprisingly quick (the car I drove had only done 34 miles).

4. RGBArgee

RGBArgee Guest

Are 19 in wheels an option? Don't think they are here!

5. GlasgowRangers

I'm sorry...I should have made it clear that the advice given to me by the Audi salesman contributed to my decision to go with 18". He indicated that the Turkish roads just aren't suitable for 19" and I have to say that I agree...in fact I may even be pushing it with 18" but then I don't really do much driving outside of the city and I'll be careful when I do any kind of serious travelling. You should know that the guy in Audi would have fitted them to my car without losing my warranty if I had insisted but of course I would have to pay more. They are even arranding for an out side garage to fit the wheels and perform the tint on the car...things are done slightly different here. The customer ALWAYS gets what he wants and is ALWAYS right. Have to hand it to them.

Interesting that the previous poster thought the 1.4 was a nicer drive than the 1.8.

6. GlasgowRangers

Come on where are the photos of the black A3s with 18" RS4 reps??? Help a man out.

7. Matt

Matt Active Member

If you look on the Audi UK used car site there are some special edition A3s with 18" RS4 'style' wheels. They are all Sportbacks though

8. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore
    Team Vegas Yellow quattro Audi A3

Here you go, don't forget to hit the Thanks button ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. GlasgowRangers

Cheers mate although looks like those lowering springs will come in handy after all. Sits far too high for my liking but those wheels and that colour are the business.

11. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Incidently the RS4 wheels i think are two different kinds, both Audi but one is Audi Exclusive.

12. RGBArgee

RGBArgee Guest

I thought Audi and Audi Exclusive were the same 18in RS4 lookie likies . IMHO the 20 spokes 18 look better on the A3:hubbahubba:

13. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Not sure, i think the chrome look are the standard, and the dark powder coat is the Exclusive, but don't quote me ;).

14. emzino

emzino Active Member

I'd rather have BBS CH's

15. GlasgowRangers

Christ now I'm panicking. Does anybody have any pic of their car on these 20 spoke BBS things. It's not to late for me to change my mind about the wheels as I'm going through to talk to the guy early next week. If you were me, what would you choose...the 18" RS4s or these 18" 20 spoked things? Let me see what you're talking about on a lowered black A3. PLease!

:zen:

16. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

I've got the 20 spoke bbs alloys, they look great but i'd rather have the RS4 ones. More rarer here.

17. Boydie

Boydie Guest

Check out MarriedBlondes black A3 with RS4 reps - was lowered also and looks well!

18. GlasgowRangers

That is exactly what I was after! Cheers mate. Are those 18''s though or 19''s? Lovely looking car.

19. RGBArgee

RGBArgee Guest

20. Marcyboy

Marcyboy Member

I love my 20 Spokers, even though they are 18's I constantly get reminded from friends that they look 'Too Small' In comparison to the standard S-Line 5 Spokers..... But Care! They look impressive!!!

[​IMG]

21. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member
    VCDS Map User

18s when those photos were taken it was running Eibach Sportsline 50mm drop springs. Warning though with the std shocks and anyone in the back it did rub over some bumps.

I own it now and have changed the suspension and now run Eiback Proline springs (30mm drop) and KoniFSD shocks.

I will be changing to 18" OZ UltraLeggeras soon as the paint finish is awful on the Italian reps that James (MB) bought and it has chipped all over the place. I also fancy lowering the un-sprung weight to help the dynamics.

So the reps will be up for sale soon but will need a refurb.

Actually whilst on the subject I have the Eibach Sportsline springs still if anyone wants to make me an offer.

Paul

22. Advert Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  23. Matt

Matt Active Member

The 20 spokes look good but I dont think I would fancy cleaning them. I've had wheels with nuts around the edge of the rim before and they are a nightmare

24. GlasgowRangers

Aye I was thinking that myself mate. I am a lazy arse so that has to be taken into account.

25. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

They are a total nightmare, cleaning, drying, then adding silicon barrier, then drying again....

26. GlasgowRangers

So you recommend sticking with the RS4 reps? I think they look equally nice on the car although 2 completely different looks. I am fitting the Abt springs from my MkV Golf to the Audi. I hope I don't encounter any rubbing...does anybody advise against doing this? I just feel that it would be a waste to spend money on what is basically the same part and the springs complete the look of the wheels on the car. Cheers.

27. rich32uk

rich32uk Member

Cor, BLACK in TURKEY means sweat like a pig until the aircon kicks in :scared2: get a white one!!!! :)

28. GlasgowRangers

Sick of white motors mate. You'd be surprised by the way. The heavy heat only kicks up for about 4 months of the year here. The rest of the time it's either baltic like now or pissing it. Anyway I've got plans to have as deep a tint as is legally possible without having to offer the local corrupt police a bribe.

:zen:

29. GlasgowRangers

Paul

Have you got those OZ things installed on the car yet? If not, do you have any pics of them on a black A3? What colour are you going for? They look lovely and I might just be tempted to do the same thing and cancel the RS4 reps.

Don't worry mate...the car will be running in Turkey!!

Cheers

Gordon

30. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member
    VCDS Map User

Hi Gordon,

No I haven't ordered them yet.

I am planning to visit my local Performance Tyre Garage, where I usually buy my tyres from and give them a chance to quote. POTN online do them for £1,164 with Toyo Proxies.

Regards,

Paul

31. GlasgowRangers

A lovely choice mate.