Bl**dy N95

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Had my N95 for a good few months and had no problem until I went away in June.

Whilst away the phone started to crash and throw me out of the internet. I got home and reflashed it and the problems persisted so I took it to my local Nokia service centre.

After 2 weeks the phone was returned to me with some shiney new software and it worked great. For 20 minutes! Every fault I took the phone in for was still present. I phoned the repair centre and the guy was really rude and told me the problem was down to me using a non genuine Nokia memory card in the phone and to run without the crad and the faults would no longer be present. I did as he said and ran the phone without the memory card and no surprise the faults still persisted so I immediately phoned Nokia direct and spoke to one of their guys who told me, as I suspected that this was complete rubbish and I should return the phone to the repair centre. I returned to the repair centre and spoke to the same bloke I had spoken to on the phone who just repeated himself. I told him I had spoken to Nokia and they told me this was not the case and I should bring the phone back. The bloke then got really snotty and refused to deal with me or my phone and asked me to leave. I was fuming to say the least.

I called Nokia again and logged an official complaint against their repair centre.

Seeing as my contract is with T-Mobile I took the phone back in to the store as I didn't want to foot the bill for insurance on the package to send it to Nokia directly.

Got a phone call saying my phone is back!!!

A quick phone call revealed that all they've done is reflash it again. Not happy and I told the bloke to send it straight back to them as I'm not willing to come and sign for the handset.

Really really p*ssed with Nokia at the minute as their answer to any issue is to reflash the phone and just send it straight back to the customer.

:banghead:

I think its worth writing a further letter of complaint to all companies involved, so Nokia, T-Mobile and anyone else, as they all play a part in this and be super duper patient whilst this all goes on because then you will every right to whoop there asses with the help of the Financial Ombudsman.

Chin up :friends:

write a letter, you might find more minutes for £30 :)

If they have tried to repair your phone 3 seperate times you can get another one as a replacement, has to be the same model though. Seeing as the n95 is a decent phone it looks like you have just been unlucky and got a duffer.

J.

I was a store manager with The Link in a previous life so plenty used to the repair processes used on mobiles. The most common issue on phones in fairness is caused by software glitches so just performaing a flash fixes 95% of problems, its very rare for an electrical component to actually fail all by itself! Given the complexity of of phones repair agents dont have enough time to do in depth diagnostics, they're so time pressured and only get a matter of minutes per phone, unless they know its a long one in which case more senior techs would be used. If after the basic software reflash the phone turns on you get it sent back, they dont actually perform a full test of all systems given the time constraints already mentioned. From experience Nokia's suffered the most with glitches and saw far more of them than any other make, although in fairness they have the highest market share which explains some of that! I've never had a nokia for that reason sticking to Sony Ericsson, on my 5th one now in about 7 years i've only ever had to send 2 of them in for repair one 1 occasion and it was a physical problem not software related. Problems can happy with any make of phone though, i'd suggest in yuor case you ask for a replacement, but be aware it will be a refurbed unit that someone like you has returned faulty before, although it should of been completely tested & given a new casing so looks & works like new!

Id get a new replaced one if you've had to send yours back more than twice.

Ive been in this situation with SE's and Nokias.... but O2 have only been the ones who took some responsibiltiy and gave me a new phone. T-mob are fcuking siht for cust service IMHO and I cant get this fricking v14 f/w updated either now... :mad:

Unbranding the phone does indeed invalidate the warrenty and Nokia are using NSU in detecting change product codes for the purpose of debranding.

Realistically tho, as Nickynibbles said, most time a phone busts its the fastest turn around the repairs can do so they wont check the product code. The issue would realistically ownly show if they tried to downgrade it and found they couldnt because it was running a higher than accepted f/w.

I flashed many phones and 3 N95, but for some reason NSU doesnt seem to want to update the t-mobile varient of the v14 f/w The v14 is like the v21 but is a bit slower from feel.

Ideally Id want v20 though.

If you do use NSS to change the product code I'd advice to always change it back once your updated.

I'm having difficulty in flashing my new O2 upgrade handset. Not sure what the model number is but am posting a picture if anyone can help.....

oldphone.jpg

thats easy to flash, just rapidly press the receiver like they do in the films and shout 'operator operator'