Bkd decat

Matta3sline

Reaction score
Hi everyone im toying with the idea of decatting my a3 bkd 140bhp has anyone done this. Just wandering if any videos of the noise after and also opinion on power improvement it is already mapped to around 170ish bhp and egr delete thanks

Reactions: SnazzyWafles
Would you be gutting the cat or going down the Decat pipe route? Decat pipes are a fail on the mot now :(

Power wise, a few people say it helps the turbo spool quicker and unlocks a few extra bhp.

Noise wise, i'm unsure as Im also trying to workout whether I should delete the rear muffler or decat straight pipe or some other mix of that.

I was going to go down the downpipe route but like you say its issues with mot failure then. I just want a bit more grunt but thinking may have to go down the hybrid turbo route for that

with the cat removed the increase of tone will be minimal . straight through with larger tail pipes will deepen the tone and give a bit of turbo spool noise .

Reactions: Matta3sline
Ahh lovely i might look into that rather than decat then least will stay mot friendly too

I was going to go down the downpipe route but like you say its issues with mot failure then. I just want a bit more grunt but thinking may have to go down the hybrid turbo route for that
Hi, I have done a pd170 a few months ago, the noise with a 3" downpipe and gtb2056vk turbo was minimal, best to get a back box delete if noise is what you after !

Id love a bit more grunt from my pd140 but really dont fancy that silly owl noise. Does removeing just the back box and leaving the centre and cat in do that?

Sorry if this is a threat hijack, I'm in the exact same stage as op and thought it daft to make a new threat for a very similar question.

If i did go decat route, id look into having the cat gutted and a piece of pipe welded into it. From the outside it would look like a cat but its actually a straight pipe :)

Owl is caused by vnt turbo vanes coming of the gas but its noise not being absorbed by the exhaust system as the silencers have no packing /wadding .

I want a bit more noise but dont want it too loud worried back box delete wud be too loud