BKD cam sensor problems

jebus

Reaction score
Hi there i am having a problem with my timing, mine is running like its misfiring after a series of problems im now stuck at this. my dad set the cambelt up and the car would not start, plugged it in the computer and it said it was cam sensor. Changed that and set the timing up again and my dad was telling me (im no mechanic lol so bare with me) that when you set this up you can turn it to make sure its running right. started 1st time, the next day started running sluggish and misfired. which lead to the cam sensor or timing being out, he is sure the timing cant be out. plugged it in again and come up with cam sensor, well to be precise:
16725 cam position sensor g40 not applausable p3008 intermittent
then says again but with the code p0341.
I have spoke to audi about this got the part number and its 03g957147c the new part is 03g957147a. audi said it shouldnt really be a problem but the 03g957147c is super seeded from 03g957147a.
So any advice on this would be great
thanks in advance Arron

Was it a genuine sensor?

Seems odd that both sensors were throwing up a fault. How sure can you be the timing is correct? (although if it ran fine for any amount of time it can't be that far out, if at all, as otherwise you would have bigger problems)

Is he sure he tightened all the pulleys up? They could have moved...

Double check that timing first

Tommorow (sunday) he is gonna have it all off and do it again. The one that was taken off was genuine the second was a pattern part. He said that when he set it up it all ran fine as you can check it manually (something about it running in a groove if i remember correctly) and for a day or two all was fine then ran like ****

well, the rocker cover was taken off and noticed that a hydralic lifter had snapped!! jus to fill you in on some info this is a reconditioned head on the car as i had a crack in the port. So monday im gonna phone the company up from where i got it from as my dad says its there fault. he said if it was his more then one would be snapped