BKD 2.0 Tdi - Lumpy at idle and slight stutter under load... EGR valve?

RiffRaffRetro

Reaction score
I'm hoping it's a case of a dirty EGR valve, so 1st port of call is to remove and clean it. Do I use brake cleaner to clean the deposit/residue away, or something else?

If it's not the EGR valve, can anyone suggest other suspect areas?

Thanks.

Could be dodgy injector, fuel flow valve......not a lot to go on really so I think it will be a case of trial and error as it could be a multitude of things. Those are the usual suspects on the diesels

1. EGR
2. Injectors either dirty or not set up properly (normally coincides with excess smoke when cold)
3. Fuel Flow valve.

EGR, IMF, Fuel filter (which is common to be forgotten to be changed)

Injectors can have a diesel purge as last option, simple enough process.

Thanks for that... I'll try working through a few of your suggestions and see how it goes.

Sounds very much like the symptoms of a blocked fuel filter. Our if curiosity Brodster, when you say fuel valve do you mean the one built into the lid of the fuel filter housing?

I'm just in process of ordering gaskets from a skoda dealer for inlet manifold, egr valve, egr pipe & anti shudder valve. Not disassembled mine yet but from looking on the net most modern audis suffer from the whole of this section carbon sooting up.

Mines the 170 bmn so has swirler flaps in the manifold as well and im told these gum up. To be honest i'd clean as much of this section of parts as you can and see where you go from there. Looking at the pictures of some & it's the equivalent of furring of the arteries in humans. The pipe restricts & the amount of air being admitted to the engine is reduced.