1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bizare RNSE/Bluetooth problem

Discussion in 'Satellite Navigation' started by stucker, Dec 12, 2011.

1. stucker

stucker New Member

[Dec 12, 2011]
    I've been having connection problems with my bluetooth kit, it hasn't worked properly since it was fitted a few months ago and I am determined to get to the bottom of it! Basically the genuine Audi bluetooth kit has paired with my phone (Iphone 3GS) however when I get in the car (56 plate S4 cab) and turn on the ignition, it will only connect to my phone once in a blue moon (despite bluetooth always being switched on on my phone).

I could not find any sort of pattern to this and it has been driving me absolutely mad, however recently I think I now know what is causing the issue - but I still don't have a clue how to fix it! Basically if I get in the car and turn the ignition on straight away, the phone will never be discovered by the car (no matter how long I stay in it). However I have now found that if I get in the car, close the door and wait a couple of minutes before switching on the ignition, the car will discover the phone each and every time (bluetooth icon appears on the RNSE and phonebook/dialed numbers etc is available via tel button). It seems after getting in the car and closing the door, about 20 seconds after that the red text on the driver information system (mileage e.t.c) goes out, then about 20 seconds after that the interior lights switch off and approximately 30 seconds after that you can hear a slight 'pop' from the speakers and the RNSE screen show some horizontal lines (like when you do a full unit restart - as if the power has just been cut)? I have got the coding double checked by two garages now and both think it is all correct, so not really sure what would be causing this (perhaps wiring problems as the RNSE is a retrofit)?

Also there is then a second problem, once the phone has connected, the phone details do not appear on the driver information system (it just shows blank space where the telephone info should appear). This is despite the RNSE sat nav instructions showing fine on the DIS (so presumably the RNSE and DIS are both coded correctly to communicate with each other), so I cannot understand why the telephone info wouldn't? Again coding has been double checked and I'm told it is all good???

Odd one hey, if anyone can shed any light on either problem it would be very much appreciated. Cheers guys
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Dec 12, 2011]
    Get someone on it who knows what they're doing, not being funny, but always hear these stories & even after being checked by socalled capable, we find they're not very capable.
  4. s8craig

s8craig Active Member VCDS Map User

[Dec 12, 2011]
    I agree, sounds like BT is not coded at all.

If it helps I will be in Bradford on Thursday Morning if you want to bring the car to Bradford Audi I can check the coding.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  5. stucker

stucker New Member

[Dec 13, 2011]
    Thanks for your comments guys, I'll have to get myself a third opinion!

I really appreciate the offer of help s8craig but unfortunately I am working away on Thursday so regrettably won't be able to take you up on it. The last place I took it to (an independent Audi garage) did a full scan of the vehicle and sent this off to someone else to get the correct coding confirmed for my vehicle and this was applied on my last visit. If I can get hold of the output of this diagnostic scan, would it be the sort of thing you would be able to look at to see what is wrong? (I'm not really sure how these things work so don't know if it would be of any use). Thanks again gents