1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit the DSG Bullet

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by imported_RedSportback, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Well having thought long and hard and weighed up the opinion on DSG (Including all the negatives lol) I've gone an ordered a New Sportback with DSG. They say its never a good time to buy a new car, but I have to say I'm very pleased with the deal I had. Just have to wait till March now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. mikep

mikep Member

You won't regret it, despite what Bowfer says!

Morning Bowfer........

4. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

Good for you, is that you Red Sport that you have now?

5. bacardi

bacardi Active Member

Nice one, you will love it I'm sure - at least all the discussions on this forum will have given you an idea of what to expect so you will not be going into it blind!

6. I have the bright red sportback now, Just ordered the new garnet red colour. Or I should say it was chosen by my partner after I gave her a couple of choices.

Yep am lucky could go into purchasing it with eyes wide open having listened to all the arguments. So hopefully all will be good

7. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Well having thought long and hard and weighed up the opinion on DSG (Including all the negatives lol) I've gone an ordered a New Sportback with DSG. They say its never a good time to buy a new car, but I have to say I'm very pleased with the deal I had. Just have to wait till March now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done! You will enjoy every minute!

8. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A3

I'm sure you will find it adds a new level of enjoyment to your driving. Even after 18 months, whenever I nudge the lever forward under full power and get a fast perfect change, it still brings a smile to my face.

9. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

[ QUOTE ]

Morning Bowfer........

[/ QUOTE ]

A bold statement.
    You going to offer him a refund if he grows to hate it ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

10. simonl

simonl Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Morning Bowfer........

[/ QUOTE ]

A bold statement.
    You going to offer him a refund if he grows to hate it ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In all seriousness Bowfer, Do you think you'd feel differently about DSG in say a GTI or R32 or A3 3.2

11. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Morning Bowfer........

[/ QUOTE ]

A bold statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all seriousness Bowfer, Do you think you'd feel differently about DSG in say a GTI or R32 or A3 3.2

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if it was programmed differently (which some claim it is in the R32)

In fact,the lack of proper manual control would probably infuriate me even more in a sportier car.

12. Ive been a manual man for all my life , and its only now that with the DSG i mate the move to my DSG,

Can be a pain sometimes in D, when it seletcs 6th at 28 mph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif but you scan always select S and let it take you on a ride of your life /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Or use the gear lever - Up/Down

Or hey Use the Paddles ont he steering colum when on the back lanes.

Lots of choices, will keep you very happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

13. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

Been using DSG for 2 years...
    Very good except , poor 'creep' at low speeds...

Wait till you try the launch control....wow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif