Bit of advice please.

benjie

Reaction score
Swindon - home of the 'Magic' Roundabout.
I've got a B8 S4 Avant, it's a daily drive and it's in Misano red.

I like to keep it clean and use a friend's DA polisher on it from time to time, but I would say I'm barely an amateur at this. I use Megs mirror glaze products for cutting/polishing and then another product for sealing (whose name escapes me now). I've tried Megs pads and they were terrible, they just seemed to fly apart.

I currently have Chemical Guys hexlogic pads and have been generally happy with them. They are coming to the end of their life now and I'm planning on buying a new set. I'm open to using a different brand, I'm curious as to whay some of you guys are using and how you would rate them?

Thanks in advance

I bought some dodo juice ones Orange,green and black I used them at the weekend with every good results and when I cleaned the they came up like new not like others I've used that took ages to clean

Use hex logic ones myself and I'm happy enough with them.
Been reading up on microfibre ones to try next, seems to be a step forward for easy cutting

Cheers guys, I may try the microfibre ones. Watched a few vids and they look good for my needs!! Seen your post with your pics Robbie, car looks great. Hoping to get my car looking half as good as that!

Cheers Benjie
Yeah mate il buy the microfibre once my hex logic pad has given up the ghost.
I'm sure ul manage a better job than I did, I'm still learning and trying out different products
What products u use/fancy for after u have polished for your LSP?

You and me both, I'm just trying out different products. I can't remember the name of the stuff I use at the end, it was recommended by my friend and is a kind of pink colour!

Reactions: RobbieWebs
It's an expensive hobby mate!
Iv just tried the Werkstat acrylic kit and it's great if ur after fantastic results and short of time.
Something about applying wax tho that I feel like I'm missing out lol.
Got some vics concours red wax to try at some point

Either try the rupes with their polishes or another pad that ppl are raving about is lake country

I personally use hex pads as they offer very good capabilities

Reactions: RobbieWebs
Hex orange, white and black here (don't really use the black, was just for some Collinite 845 I was trying and is totally not needed on the machine)

Lake Country CSS seem to do the job for me, I've had a couple of hexlogics fly apart.
Don't ever touch the AutoFinesse pads, the orange one was absolutely awful - was more like a sanding disc.