Bit miffed..................

steeve

Reaction score
Having taken ten weeks to get a 1,000 miles on my S3 I decided to get the oil and filter changed. At the minute I'm intending to keep the car after having had far too many new cars in the last three years (or so my wife tells me). I know it's not necessary but it certainly wont hurt and it's something I really wanted to do.

Motor was booked in for Friday morning so even though it wasn't dirty I spent a good four hours cleaning it on Thursday afternoon. It sparkled...........!

Dealer (Audi Derby) was told not to clean it and I hung a do not wash tag on the mirror. I also explained how they need to be extra careful with it.

So oil and filter changed and on checking the car over easily found a greasy hand print on the front of the bonnet. Why do they do this? Damn things aluminium and they really are easily dented, just a drop from a few inches up always closes the bonnet anyhow.

But the worst thing was they'd used the windscreen washers and wipers big style. The whole car was covered in smeary dried washer fluid and looked appalling. They said they needed to do a 'health check' which meant they had to check the washers and wipers, measure the tread depth and brake pad thickness etc etc. WTF on a ten week old car? They wouldn't normally see the thing for two years never mind ten weeks and 1,000 miles.

So back home and another three and a half hours cleaning it again.

They just don't seem attuned to those of us who suffer a little OCD with their cars. I'm unsure about taking it in for a couple of minor warranty things, especially as their car park is rammed and only has little spaces.

^ Feel your pain Steve :keule:

An Audi health check on a 10 week old 1000 mile car? Are they taking the p**s, seriously :keule:

This type of behavior by the Audi main stealers, is unacceptable IMHO

Still, you got 3 1/2 hours play time with your S3 buddy ;):D

Just out of interest, how much did they charge for the oil & filter change? :think:

I know Steeve - massive ball ache when mine went in at 800 miles and 2 months old for some warranty work. Told them about 5 times not to wash it and they wrote all over the job sheet saying the same.

Late afternoon they call to say its ready to be picked up after its gone for a wash! I screamed down the phone like a girl and then the service guy corrected himself to say that no it wasn't! Sure did panic.

I like to take mine in with a weeks worth of grime on it as then its very clear if its been washed. Got caught out with my A1 - it went in spotless and then Swindon Audi washed it. Didn't notice till I got home and saw the swirl......I think its part of a list of jobs they do when they go in to do all these checks and they don't consider if its needed or not - they just blindly follow checklists.

Now up to 1,300 miles in 4 months!

I got a very nice free (so even nicer) proper plastic dangly thing from i4 detailing to hang on the mirror saying " DO NOT WASH THIS CAR"

Cost for just an oil and filter change .........................? £218....... Just got my motorbike serviced and mot'd today for £158

Reactions: Pulp84
It was funny the last time I left my car in for a service the advisor said we don't wash your car isn't that correct!lol I was surprised to say the least that they remembered! :faint:

Of course I asked how did he know that and he said they have it on record!lol

Reactions: Brennan