1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bird dropping damage to paint

Geraldy212 Jul 6, 2012

1. Geraldy212

Geraldy212 Sportback owner

While I was away, our group of neighbourhood owls decided to have a meeting in a tree above by beloved A3. Result, it looks like the droppings have etched away at the clear-coat, and left their marks. I am looking for a kit to correct this problem. By a kit I mean everything needed to do the job in one box. I am not intending to detail the whole car, just repair the bird damage (about 6 square inches of surface). I have see a Meguires Quick Clay kit, and another from www.car-scratch-remover.com Can any member recommend a kit that they have tried? All information very much appreciated.

2. Juicy Jen

Juicy Jen Jen @ Juicy Detailing Site Sponsor

Can you provide any photos of the area please....

3. Geraldy212

Geraldy212 Sportback owner

4. moag

moag she's no d-turbo

Could probably do with being machine polished.

Meguiars scratch-x and lots of elbow grease might fix it

5. FranA3

FranA3 FMDETAILING Regional Rep Site Sponsor Gold Supporter Audi A3 Team Brill Red

Thats gunna need machine polishing buddy im sure of it

6. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

If it's rough to touch need to polish the surface then have clear coat reapplied to bring it up to corret depth. I'm sure a stone chip company should be able to sort it.

7. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

when its fixed you have 2 options
    cut the tree down
    or
    kill the owls

8. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

3 options actually - don't park it under a friggin tree !!! lol

9. ceese

ceese New Member

3M makes a product, but honestly, I'd take it to a high end detailing shop that could wet sand the clear and respray it to match if you want it to be seamless.

10. antmax7

antmax7 Member

That will polish out with a machine polisher just take it to a bodyshop they will do it for you pretty cheap only take them 5 mins tops!