1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bioshock 2

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by PH1L, Feb 8, 2010.

1. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets VCDS Map User

[Feb 8, 2010]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Feb 10, 2010]
    I have it on order mate. Bioshock was the best game I have ever played but I fear 2 won't have the same effect because it's not a new concept. It'll still be great though.

Why is it so cheap though? COD MW2 is still selling at 40 quid but I paid £34.49 for B2!
  4. BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher Member

[Feb 11, 2010]
    The first one is one of my favourite games ever. I've got Bioshock 2 but won't get chance to play it until the weekend. :motz:

Reviews so far seem to be saying that it's really good but can't quite live up to the first one.
  5. Staz

[Feb 11, 2010]
    That's to be expected really. The first was just so bloody good. I haven't played any other game where there are so many ways to kill enemies and that's what made it so enjoyable.

B2 is now here :happy:
  6. PH1L

[Feb 11, 2010]
    welli played the single player last night and it gets 9.5/10 the enviroments the storyline and the detail all folows the foundations of the old bioshock, it feels less daunting when you consider that you are the big daddy so i found compared to the first game its more like youre the hunter now as opposed to the prey, dual wielding is fantastic and is one of the things i thought the game should have had from the begining. being able to remotely hack while on the move is a large improvement as now you can hack sentries as theyre attacking you and get the upper hand on a large battle. the controls are great and just as i imagined that they'd b mapped out.

i cant wait to get back inside rapture tonight!
  7. BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher Member

[Feb 11, 2010]
    Agreed. The first was just superb. :yes:

Nice review. :thumbsup: Can't wait until the weekend.
  8. PH1L

[Feb 11, 2010]
    ok about it being less eerie, i take it back its still got it, was shitting myself going all spy style through enclosed spaces tonight
  9. Staz

[Feb 12, 2010]
    lol

I am going to devote some good quality time for it this weekend. It's still in the wrapper right now.
  10. BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher Member

[Feb 12, 2010]
    Likewise. The missus is away all day being pampered at some hotel/spa thing so it's Bioshock 2 all day with a bit of Mass Effect 2 thrown in when I need a break. :rockwoot:
  11. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Feb 12, 2010]
    My mates recommended the Bioshock game to me so I bought Bioshock 1 last weekend and its awesome, can't wait to complete it and get number 2.
  12. Necroscope

Necroscope Member

[Mar 5, 2010]
    I finished mass effect 2 last weekend, and i am playing Bioshco 2 right now. Both are great games, but as has been said they dont bring enough thats new to really blow your socks off like both originals did.

I have FF13 on pre-order, now that should be interesting.

Anyone noticed how the mags are getting slower at reviewing as well. I buy most games on pre-order, and i usually get them before i see a review..........kind of defeats the objuect of the mag IMO.
  13. PH1L

[Mar 7, 2010]
    meh ive found ff games have gotten easier as per ff on the psp was just run slash spell and so on, i doubt ill get it till its cheap

true on the reviews, i stick to gaametrailers.com they keep me right, and theyve a padcast that streams to my zunehd, win!
  14. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Mar 7, 2010]
    Glad I read this boys as was gonna get it for my brother, so reinforces the decision. :icon_thumright:
  15. PH1L

[Mar 7, 2010]
    no worries if he likes the first he will love it, if he plays fps' he will love it

how did everyone get on with bioshock?, i found it fairly easy and got teh big brass balls trophy ftw, no deaths through the whole game haha prolly cause i was being that careful so i didnt need a fresh set of breeks
  16. Necroscope

Necroscope Member

[Mar 9, 2010]
    I am not that far in yet, but i had to get a key off a big fat bird in a bar last night. The whole level had some stupid squeaky violin music in it, it drove me mad.....
  17. PH1L

[Mar 9, 2010]
    haha its all the atmousphere yeah your prolly around 30- 40% through