1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bio Diesel?

funkycat Sep 19, 2005

1. funkycat

funkycat Member

Folks, following on from Wilko's post about mpg, has anyone with a TDI looked into/tried/ contact Audi re warranty on running a car on Bio Diesel.

I have done some swift home work following an artcile in the "Driving" section of the Sunday times on alternative fuels. There is a growing demand for Bio Diesel, I have found out that there is an outlet for it just down the road my where I live.

What are others experiences thoughts?

2. dorgan

dorgan Member

My girlfriend has switched to bio diesel last month. She doesn't notice any difference to standard diesel. She's driving a Golf IV. The manual for her car said it can use bio and standard without any special modification. However, the manual for my Sportsback states I can only use bio diesel if I have the green coloured fuel cap/hole which I don't have. A mechanic told her that some filter will need to be changed after switching over to bio. Don't have any details on the filter he mentioned. That's all I know about it. And it's also going up in price around our area since there is more demand for it. I think it's close to the 90 cent/litre region right now.