1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BIN THEM OR KEEP THEM

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by CMD, Apr 5, 2010.

1. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

[Apr 5, 2010]
    I ordered a mesh grill from ebay (matt silver finish). On fitting the grill i had to do something with the lower due to
    the fact it's chrome, so after walking around Halford's trying to match the silver of the top grill i set to work.. Sorry i have only thaken pic's of the end result .
    I wanted to also mesh out the lower grill to match but ended up with a fare few failure's as i just couldn't get the RS4 (plastic) mesh to sit centre in the lower frame. Fitting the mesh into the lower part of the bumper was fine if i didn't want use the lower frame, or fitting it behind the frame ment i would have to chop a fare amount of matterial off the back edge of plastic lower frame, and at £90 i was not going to start cutting it up. So i just tried to coluor match the both. The 4 ring's are the same matt finish (still drying)...

Now DO THEY STAY OR DO THEY GO folk's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. sebhar70

sebhar70 Member

[Apr 5, 2010]
  4. Nutkin

Nutkin Member

[Apr 5, 2010]
    they dont make the black grill anymore :'(
  5. paul20v

paul20v Audi fanatic

[Apr 5, 2010]
    Does this mean my grills gone up in value :)
  6. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 5, 2010]
    Constructive criticism ......

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the mesh grilles - and I think they introduce another mesh 'type' into the equation when the S-lines already have two different types...... I think if you could succeed in getting some mesh in the lower grille it would improve it no end. Do you think you can do that?

I like the silver trim colour though, it's a bit different from the default black dechrome look :icon_thumright:
  7. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

[Apr 5, 2010]
    QJ i tried everthing to mount some mesh into the lower grill frame. I myself am not 100% sold on the two types of grill i may still swap them back to standard s-line.
    Could someone with photoshop please switch the grill's from silver to black so i can get an idea of what they might look like in black. Ta
  8. Nutkin

Nutkin Member

[Apr 5, 2010]
    If you want to sell it a price can be made :D
  9. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 5, 2010]
    Was that using the RS4 plastic mesh you mentioned in the first post? I'm not familiar with that mesh.....
  10. mattyboyc

mattyboyc Active Member

[Apr 5, 2010]
    Have a look at these, this was my votex grill with black surround (before i replaced with a s4 one) and de-chromed lower.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]