bilstein B6 with eibach pro springs

superkarl

MAN OF STEEL
Reaction score
are these a good combination?

im looking for a gain in handling performance, lowered for looks, but most definately dont want a harsh or bouncy ride. i know a lot of people, judging by the group buy, want B8's, with a harder damping setting, so i feel b6 might be just right, slightly harder than oem, esp with eibach over H&R's.

how much would this lower the car by?

if anyone has any know how or pics of this set up i would appreciate it.

Karl

And I know why you're asking this question ;)

Damian at DPM has said they are the same comfort levels, but the B8s are designed for lowering springs and the B6s are designed for standard height.

I think B6 springs are for OEM springs and so may not effectively damp your lowering springs, you want B8s for that

can we add your name to the b8 + H&R group buy superkarl? :)

EDIT: ah, you want eibachs

hopefuly damien from dpm will see this. i just thought the b8's had shorter pistons for less travel. whereas the b6 wer standard length, but with eibach springs will still lower it 20/25mm i just found. maybe. hopefully. lol.

i should have just mesaged damien. duhhhh.

thanks guys

Go H+R :)

on a serious note... every car i've seen with eibach's seems to squat at the back (car looks lower at the back than the front) while the H+R is the other way round! I think the cars look alot better better lower at the front :) (lets face it looks are important! lol)

can we add your name to the b8 + H&R group buy superkarl? :)

EDIT: ah, you want eibachs

ha i've been watching that very carefully! i just don't want too much discomfort, that is all, someone compared the two different springs and based on that review i chose eibach (thankyou someone) as they are more subtle, combined with b6's i thought it could be a nice combination for a little performance without too much sacrifice for comfort and ride quality.

i hope someone has a picture.....

well JD09 asked a similar question a while ago now and he has posted the answer he got from damian @ DPM above