1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BILSTEIN B16 PSS9

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Defratos, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Defratos

Defratos You’re Dethpicable!!

[Jul 23, 2005]
    Hey guys, anyone fitted these from AMD? BILSTEIN B16 PSS9, any advice as to how good they are? or not? Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. sssgucci

sssgucci Member

[Jul 23, 2005]
    Bilsteins are really good. Not sure if this model is the coilover kit but if it is thens its should be a great kit.
    However if you want to spend less, then check out my trading post advert! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I can supply other makes too.
  4. ELIASGK74

ELIASGK74 Member

[Jul 23, 2005]
    many friends of me have tried pss9 and then change back springs with H&R ones because of problems(check back spring libres of pss9).
    Also after one year pss9 suspension is very hard even in level 9.
    I am looking for KW varient 3(the only one you can change rebound)
  5. Defratos

Defratos You’re Dethpicable!!

[Jul 23, 2005]
    Not sure if the KW would be better? it's not track tested as the Bilstein B16 PSS9, and they are fully adjustable, and as far as my research shows u can change the rebound.
  6. JaminBen

JaminBen Member

[Jul 29, 2005]
    Well, the PSS9's single adjustment knob affects both compression and rebound curves.

KW's Variant 3 has two adjusters, to affect compression and rebound independantly. Sounds like a tuning nightmare to me.

ELIAS S3, I would love to know more about your friends' disheartening with the PSS9s. What were the issues? Thanks in advance.
  7. sssgucci

sssgucci Member

[Jul 29, 2005]
    KW corrode after a year. Good freind of mine had these on his VW, you need to keep the thread well lubed up, constatly having to check it. He has now gone for the H+R's.
  8. ELIASGK74

ELIASGK74 Member

[Aug 7, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Well, the PSS9's single adjustment knob affects both compression and rebound curves.

KW's Variant 3 has two adjusters, to affect compression and rebound independantly. Sounds like a tuning nightmare to me.

ELIAS S3, I would love to know more about your friends' disheartening with the PSS9s. What were the issues? Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]
    back springs are knocking because of 55l so all are putting hr 80l