1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bilstein B12 Pro Vs S-line Suspension.

wanton Aug 27, 2014

1. wanton

wanton Member

Hi All,
    I just wanted to know if anyone swapped their s-line suspension (not sport) over to the Bilstein B12 Pro Kit? Is the ride softer and more forgiving now. Has the handling improved? After owning a 3.2 v6 s-line for a month I really need to change the suspension its awful, just sooo hard lol.

2. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

The first thing I'd say is you'll get a much more refined ride with the Bilstein B12 kit over standard Audi S-Line suspension.

Damian @ DPM Performance

3. wanton

wanton Member

Hi Damien, thanks for the response. So by 'refined' you mean the ride on the B12 kit is not as firm as the S-Line? It is the only reason why I want rid of the s-line suspension, lowering it is a small added bonus.

4. wanton

wanton Member

Any other opinions welcome!! :)

5. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

B12 is one of the best kits you can fit onto the Audi Sline, its much more comfortable and not as 'crashy' as the S-line suspension. it will lower it a fair bit than the S-line... what size alloys will you be running with the B12s?

6. wanton

wanton Member

Thanks for the reply Ash. I will have the BBS Speedline Split rims 18s. From what I have read the sline suspension is already lowered 10mm. The B12 kit should lower the car a further 20-25mm I believe?

7. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

The ride with the B12 kit will still be firm but it won't be crash like the standard S-line suspension.

S-line is around 15mm lowered over factory so the B12 Pro kit will give you around a further 15mm.

Damian @ DPM Performance

8. wanton

wanton Member

Perfect! Just what I wanted to hear. Thanks Damian.