Bike rack.

Y83OLK

Hulk Smash!
Reaction score
Hi all.
Getting back into my cycling this year.
Is there any bike racks which will work with th s3?.
Without damaging the paint.

I have part of the brembo towbar fitted if thats any help, but not the removable section.

Usually i would just fold the seats down, but not sure on how the white alcantara would like muddy tyre prints all over it lol.

Regards
Callum

someone out there must have had/tried a bike rack... no?

just talking about this today with someone, no idea what your options are but im gonna be wacking the seats down provisionally

seats down with a floormat i think.
Recon a standard hardtail would fit in?.. front wheel off?

I put mine on a roof rack. Never had any problems with scratces or anything

I am doing the same (biking) so want to know the same,I guess backseats down would be an option but muddy bike doesn't go with beige Alcantara

Last edited:
I can get 2 bikes, both riders and a weekend full of kit in the back of the A3 without any issues.

Get some tarp as mentioned and be carefull when you pack the car....anything oily....keep away from the headlining and what your back bumper when loading etc.

I've never managed to get my car trashed by doing it that way...just take a bit of care and dont let cack handed mates do the loading.

its amazing what you can get in these cars, my old A3 did most of my last house move...... the S3 holds a large breed and a giant breed dog together nicely with plenty of space to potter about :)

i managed to fit a 2.3m flat packed wardrobe in my S3, shocking !

they are wonderful cars for that...i was considering moving to an avante (my excuse for the RS4)....but really cant justify getting a car of that size with the extra running costs as simply dont need it

Its because the seats fold totally flat (pretty much). My old Megane Sport couldnt do that and the boot opening was tiny....rubbish.

i duuno ya know, i cant get mine flat as the bottom of the back seat wont fold up if you have the seats almost all the way back.... down side of having long legs :(

I will be putting my seats down, I think the risk of scratching the paintwork is too high when using a bike rack! Plus I don't like the idea of having a grand and a halfs bike on the back of my car when I pop in to a service station for a slash!