Bigger injectors a good idea for stage 2?

no, just rubbish IDC on stock injectors.

Is there anything I can log to confirm this if the fuel pump is weak?

Just took the injectors out, 3 of the injectors was fairly dry - the other was covered in petrol, loads of crap behind the seal..

check actual fuel pressure @ rail and under load.. it should be 3bar + boost pressure and follow boost. When weak they wont hold 3bar +boost but fall off badly.

Right been looking at inline pumps due to me not being able to test if the intank pump is any good before it gets back on the road. Bosch 044, any good? They seem to be resonably priced on ebay, any feedback from people who have actually used them?

an inline pump is not really the right thing to bung on as substitute for tired in tank

check actual fuel pressure @ rail and under load.. it should be 3bar + boost pressure and follow boost. When weak they wont hold 3bar +boost but fall off badly.

cheers bill, I'll try and find somewhere locally that will test fuel pressure.

It's definitely under pressure, as I had a face full of fuel when I removed the FPR :)

cleaned the injectors in an ultra sonic bath & changed the fuel filter.. attached results
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9EEpgd7a-FXX0ZpQ1haMWo0dEE/edit?usp=sharing

seems to have made a difference.. working at 112% at full load now.

its not a case of having some pressure.. lol... but that it follows the boost.
rising rate fuel pressure regulator.. so fuel pressure should track boost If it does'nt its tired

Bare in mind that the failure of my engine MIGHT have been low fuel pressure, and if you havent seen what that resulted in then check it out. Its worth checking.
Only a case of slicing into the fuel feed to the rail with a mechanical pressure gauge.

its not a case of having some pressure.. lol... but that it follows the boost.
rising rate fuel pressure regulator.. so fuel pressure should track boost If it does'nt its tired

Thanks Bill.. I shall investigate (whilst wearing goggles :thumbsup:)

Bare in mind that the failure of my engine MIGHT have been low fuel pressure, and if you havent seen what that resulted in then check it out. Its worth checking.
Only a case of slicing into the fuel feed to the rail with a mechanical pressure gauge.

wow really? I didn't realise it was that serious... sorry to hear about the car though bud! I have read some of your thread - every time I look though I get annoyed that I don't have a personalised plate :p

When you say slicing.... cut into the pipe going to the fuel rail (opposite side to the FPR) put a T piece in then put a pressure gauge on the T piece.. connect it all up and run the car? Sure I've got a tyre pressure gauge somewhere.. and big one with a dial, you reckon that will do?

I wouldnt be using a tyre gauge, not often you take i pump to 4 bar lol.
Will have to be a proper One for the job, to be safe, and one that will record max value.

In fact digital would be best, routed to the cabin.