Bigger/Better brakes for S3

Benjiman46

R-Tech Terrorist
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just wondering what options I have when going for bigger power... Obviously I'll need better brakes, but I don't want to spend thousands on a brembo big brake kit.

One option i've looked at is Leon Cupra R brembos... Will these be a straight fit? Within reason... I know i'll probably need carriers too.

Any help will be appreciated :)

Cheers

Ben

I got some R32 calipers i dont need anymore, biggest OE brakes you can fit straight on an S3 (334mm - say bye bye brake fade). PM me if your interested.

Plenty of info in the stickies.... there is a specific thread on brake upgrades...

<tuffty/>

Plenty of info in the stickies.... there is a specific thread on brake upgrades...

<tuffty/>

Agreed. And all answers are correct and be applied.

On a personal note the LCR brembo's are the mod I've enjoyed the most. With more power they do enable you to drive with far more confidence. Can't go wrong. I paid £500 on eBay and reconditioned my calipers and then picked up new 323mm discs for about £200. Not cheap but worth every penny.

Reactions: dusty
i just ordered Awesome - Tarox 6 Pot Big Brake Kit - Golf 4 Platform : 323mmm from awesome great kit though have to wait till end of april to get them sadly enough.. but i was told they fit under the standard AVUS 17*7.5 wheels no problems which is always a worry, took TUFFY's advice and went for G88 discs so they wont crack but the kit is dear...

Just put new 323 discs and DS2500 pads on my LCR brembos.
I'm trying grooved discs from Godspeed that were recommended to me by a friend on cupra.net (I had a bad experience with EBC Ultimax previously fitted) - they were £192 delivered; pads were £123.31 delivered from Camskill although Badger Bill is now beating that.