Bigger/Better Brakes for Remapped Quattro 2.0TDI

Bramley

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am thinking of upgrading my brakes on my Remapped Quattro 170.

What brakes bolt on or what brakes are an easy swap?

Cheers

Best and most cost-effective upgrade for any of the lesser A3s is R32/S3 setup.

A good front setup with discs and pads will cost around £350 - £400. That's including dust guards and brake lines.

What @Sayam said. I recently put a full front and rear S3 system on my 2.0 TFSI and the difference is noticeable. I considered aftermarket setups but quickly discounted them as being over the top for my needs (ie fast road, not track, use).

I have a full S3 front brake setup for sale PM me for more info.

As @curlo said, these aftermarket setups are really excessive for anything but the S3 or above. I think even on the S3 up to stage 2+ the brakes just about keep up. Our diesels or TFSi engines won't make 350+ BHP and if they are I'm sure that person will invest in brakes up to the job lol.

As @curlo said, these aftermarket setups are really excessive for anything but the S3 or above. I think even on the S3 up to stage 2+ the brakes just about keep up. Our diesels or TFSi engines won't make 350+ BHP and if they are I'm sure that person will invest in brakes up to the job lol.
I'm running Revo stage 3 software and the CTS Turbo K04 kit, and the S3 brakes are fine for my needs. If I tracked it then I'd be looking at the Vagbremtecnic solution.

S3 brakes are crap on stage2 + you get real quick brake fade and judders like mad. I'm looking for the rs3 set up for my S3

Reactions: S3Alex
S3 brakes are **** on stage2 + you get real quick brake fade and judders like mad. I'm looking for the rs3 set up for my S3
You should try the standard 2.0 TFSI brakes then...the front discs are the same diameter as the S3 rear discs and really are not up to the job. I decided to upgrade the brakes when I joined a roundabout much quicker than I would have preferred, all because the original brakes had wilted...

Reactions: S3 AEX
What is the size difference in s3 and tdi170 brakes?

don't do what i did and get TTRS discs and go to castle combe - I swear i bedded them in right and i was getting huge vibration when hot. I'm fairly sure its uneven pad deposits and the drilled/dimpled discs suffer from buildup. If you want a proper performance pair of stoppers get TTRS calipers + daveb discs.

S3 brakes were fine for road driving up to stage 2+ but i was fading them on some longer runs - I am a bit of a lunatic however. All depends on driving style. They would cope no problem with a tuned PD170.

S3 brakes are 345mm I don't know the tdi brake size.

I opted for mk5 R32 fronts, bought braided hoses to go with them just finding the time to get them fitted!

What do you need in the conversion?
Carriers?
Hoses?
Dust guard?

Last edited:
What do you need in the conversion?
Carriers?
Hoses?
Dust guard?

Dust guard, carrier, caliper, brake lines, discs and pads.

You can pick up a good used set for anything up to £400 on eBay. The R32 and S3 setup is the same, S3 looks more appealing cosmetically because of the clip, but you can get a similar one for R32 caliper as well.

S3 brakes are **** on stage2 + you get real quick brake fade and judders like mad. I'm looking for the rs3 set up for my S3

The stock brakes are heavy and prone to fade.

I replaced mine with the second variation of VWRacing's kit and managed to find the limits of that soon enough.

I moved to an AP kit recently which is costly but excellent.
I think that in between that and the stock brakes there are now a few good solutions and the VagBremtechnik is probably the best mid price one.

Reactions: S3 AEX
Hello.
I have tuned PD140, upgraded to 312mm brakes and after some spirited driving on highway saw dark lines on brake disk, also there arose a need of better brakes. What mods should I do without increasing disk diameter (need to suit 16" rims) to increase braking power?

Start your own thread mate

How much better are the s3 brakes over upgraded discs and pads on 312mm

How much better are the s3 brakes over upgraded discs and pads on 312mm

Should be noticeably better,especially with a decent set of pads,such as Ferodo DS2500 or similar.

Reactions: Bramley
Can anyone recommend any s3 hoses to fit? I assume that is what I'll need? Braided Ye?