1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BIG road trip, anyone done one, any advise?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by Oranoco, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Couple of friends and I are planning a road trip through France to Germany and the Nurburgring before heading for the Alps and Italy Stelvio Pass.
  2. symun

symun Member

don't mention the war.
  3. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Lmao
  4. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics

Get EU break down cover, I found it for £60 where the AA/RAC wanted over £200.
    Make sure you carry all the hi-vis, triangles and ever other bits and bob them EU countrys want you to carry.
    I'd service the car, check tyres, brakes and all fluids. Also, when is the cam belt due?
    I got mine in to the garage and got the guy to change the cam belt (it was needed) and explained to him the trip I was taking (down the west coast of France and Spain and back up the east passing Andorra) and got him to check everything over for me to make sure the car is ok for the trip.
    Lucky I did cause the upper front suspention arms popped out of their rubbers and was wearing away on the bracket. They would have snapped and caused some issues for me.

Enjoy your self and take pictures. :)