Bicycle racks

dmitch1987

Reaction score
Hi all.

Having owned my 1.4 tfsi for a year myself and wife have decided to get back into cycling....bit of an issue finding a bike rack for the Audi.

I brought a rear mounted rack from Amazon and it won't fit both bikes with out alot of contact between the bikes and the car.

I don't have roof bars or a tow bar...any experiance/recommendations?

Oh and hello I'm new here :)

Welcome to the forum :)

I probably can't help you here, but I have the official Audi Roof bars, and 2 x Thule ProRide 591s bike carriers.

It works well enough, but the length of the roof on the A1 is very short. I realised this when my boot refused to open all of the way due to my mountain bike's slack geometry, which means its front wheel sits very far forward on the bike carrier. I didn't have this problem on my BMW M135i.

Have you looked at the Saris Bones? It's widely regarded as the best boot-mounted bike carrier.

Here are some pics of my setup:

NEIWDmH.png

9UJBIOc.png

Hi all.

Having owned my 1.4 tfsi for a year myself and wife have decided to get back into cycling....bit of an issue finding a bike rack for the Audi.

I brought a rear mounted rack from Amazon and it won't fit both bikes with out alot of contact between the bikes and the car.

I don't have roof bars or a tow bar...any experiance/recommendations?

Oh and hello I'm new here :)

If the bike rack is sitting too close to the car you may need to go with an extension. Hitchweb has quite a few on their website: Receiver Extensions

If you didn't want to go with an extension, you can also go with a trunk mounted or clamp on bike rack. Hitchweb sells those as well: Bike Racks

Hope this helps!