Bi-xenon to xenon

kris2012

Reaction score
Hello,
I have just bought some xenon angel eye headlights for my 2007 S3. Unknowingly I might add found out that the lights I have are Bi-xenon.
The connector on the light is a 10 pin xenon and the wiring loom has 14 pins for the bi-xenon.

How do I connect them, and what other trauma awaits me installing these lights?

Any additional constructive feedback will be most welcome.

WHY?!,

on topic it will be a royal pain in the ****, youll need to go for a halogen style coding setup and a replug to remove your level sensors, the s3 looks fine without stuff like that

:laugh:

serious.JPG

because the car will be looking for the Audi xenon ballasts and when it doesnt see it, it will throw up errors. you may risk blowing your front wiper motor as well as you would be using an aftermarket ballast.
if you really want Angel eyes why dont you take them out of the headlight and fit them into the bixenon unit?

driver side is damaged. Thanks Ash, so best bet is just to return them then....

yeah they will be a nightmare to get working, and all for a lesser headlight

Thanks everyone for the replies - Im returning them.

IMHO it was all constructive, just replace the headlight thats damaged as those will look rubbish on your car, plus as already stated, going from bixenon to aftermarket xenon will require some rewiring, removal of the levelling controller or you'll get errors on the dis & most likely wiper motor issues at some point, the audi bixenons are very good, cant see the point in changing for a lesser system tbh.