BH's Sepang Blue B8.5 Audi S4 Black Edition Saloon

Mine is a non-BE and it came with 255/35/19 upgrade from the factory, the documents state the same co2 as any other non-BE with 18's. Maybe it is because it's only an option and all BEs come with 19s?
It's a new EU directive that came into force at the end of 2014. It doesn't affect A4's before MY2016. (but your fuel consumption will still be a little worse than on 245's)

Oh? What's this? Am I about to get stung for more VED?
Strike that; the answer's no. All of those number come within the same band. Phew!
@jdp1962 - Sorry about that Jeff. Should have put that in the post :)
Ah, just read it properly..so this is for new cars only on the MY2016?
Correct - After BW22/2015. Any S4 owners before this can luxuriate in lower emissions ;) :grinning:
Looks good, I didn't even look at any other colour other than black as all my cars have been black but that blue does look goooooood.
@GeoffDunk - Cheers Geoff :)
Here is a pic of the upgraded key @Bristle Hound lol, sorry, couldn't resist.
View attachment 60034
Yes. Would certainly like what goes with that key! :openmouth:
:laughing:

@Bristle Hound .. you've had your lovely Spangle Blue S4 for about a week now, how's it going with the new beast?

Have you had time to take it for a run? Any features you've discovered you were surprised at? Anything you don't like? Please don't tell me it's been sat pining away in the garage since you picked it up???

I believe BH is on holiday, ive been looking forward to hearing his thoughts

I have a feeling BH mentioned he was off on holiday for a week.......so the S4 is probably garaged, chomping at the bit.
Probably be the longest weeks holiday he has ever had :)

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Dear Mr hound, looking forward to an update on your new s4, could I ask you about damper control, have read on rs246 forum about problems with drc leaking shocks and noise for b8 rs4.
Do you know if Drc is the same system as damper control on s4.
Am concerned as I have ordered on my car and I know you have dc on yours.
I had hoped this would have been all sorted after b7 fiasco:crying:

@Bristle Hound .. you've had your lovely Spangle Blue S4 for about a week now, how's it going with the new beast?

Have you had time to take it for a run? Any features you've discovered you were surprised at? Anything you don't like? Please don't tell me it's been sat pining away in the garage since you picked it up???
@TheFiftheElement - As @Lastkill21 & @StuBill already guessed I've been away on a weeks holiday, so yes my new S4 has been stuck in the garage with only my wife's Ka for company, so unfortunately I can't answer any of your questions ...... yet! ;)
I believe BH is on holiday, ive been looking forward to hearing his thoughts
Correct & hopefully won't be long to a quick report
I have a feeling BH mentioned he was off on holiday for a week.......so the S4 is probably garaged, chomping at the bit.
Probably be the longest weeks holiday he has ever had :)
I kid you not I was actually dreaming about my new car when I was on holiday. How sad is that! lol
Dear Mr hound, looking forward to an update on your new s4, could I ask you about damper control, have read on rs246 forum about problems with drc leaking shocks and noise for b8 rs4.
Do you know if Drc is the same system as damper control on s4.
Am concerned as I have ordered on my car and I know you have dc on yours.
I had hoped this would have been all sorted after b7 fiasco:crying:
@4RingsDave - Thanks Dave :)
Yes I was aware of the problems there has been on the RS4 with DRC, however, I can't truthfully answer any question(s) about the differences between the DC on my S4 and the DRC on RS4's
Might be worth you starting a thread on here asking the same question

Started on my big S4 Detail today :sunglasses:

Will go into it in more detail when I've finished

So a pic to start things off ;) lol

d6uubWV.jpg

Snow foaming the S4 kept my new neighbours & the the kids in my street amused lol

Reactions: scotty76, Scottyg, Keef and 2 others
Started on my big S4 Detail today :sunglasses:

Will go into it in more detail when I've finished

So a pic to start things off ;) lol

Snow foaming the S4 kept my new neighbours & the the kids in my street amused lol

For a second I thought you changed to Glacier White! :wub: :tongueclosed:

Come on BH, more pics! :nogarors4:
@Phill_ - Hoping to get some more work done to the S4 today, but it ain't looking good :(

Still, I hadn't banked on collecting the car till the 16th June, so any work I get done before that is a bonus (well thats what I keep telling myself lol)

Whilst doing the 'Big S4' Detail lol I thought it would be appropriate to add the front wing Supercharged badge's BEFORE I finish the car off rather than doing it after all my hard work. Makes sense, so Jude, my wife tells me :)

I find the OEM 'V6T' badges on the front wings a bit strange, but after reading @GeoffDunk post about the reasoning it becomes a bit clearer, but still odd IMO
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s4-v6t-no-more.218542/#post-2177929

Anyway, I won't go onto to long about this as there are some great threads by @GlynRS2
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/glynrs2s-sepang-blue-s5-sportback-blog.229107/#post-2295444
&
@warren_S5
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/warrens-s5-build-thread.218357/page-2#post-2175823
about the fitment of these badges

So my take on the B8.5 S4's badge fitment

Audi part no. for OEM Supercharged badges - 4FO 853 601 A 2ZZ

CjwVeLp.jpg

Downloaded the fitting templates from here -
http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/06/28/superchargedbadgetemplate/

Remember to print them off in landscape mode rather than portrait. Might be obvious but I forgot 1st time round lol

Before -

DUfChu8.jpg

During -

OwgH1lx.jpg

I used the Dental floss method of removal of the V6T, which was particularly easy. The remaining badge adhesive I was able to roll off off easily too leaving minor residue which was easily removed with Auto Finesse Oblitarate. I can only assume as my car was new that the removal process was so easy.

After -

uxxmiRx.jpg

LFgb0Jg.jpg

Now I know Glyn on his S5 Sportback & Warren on his S5 both aligned there badges up with a spirit level, but I didn't.
My V6T badges were 1/2 a bubble off level, so I aligned my Supercharged badges up the same way.
I don't know whether the swage lines are different on the front wings of S5/S5 Sportbacks and S4's , but this certainty works for me

Special mention to @David J for the badges :)

Reactions: 8BallAddict, voorhees, Rob2k68 and 6 others
Welcome to team supercharged! look soo much better, i have the carbon ones

Reactions: ERBY and Bristle Hound
Looks a job well done, Just ordered mine. You do Realise BH that your just teasing us ;)

Don't tease BH... :wink new:
Sorry about that Phil lol
Awesome BH!
Cheers BW :)
Looks a job well done, Just ordered mine. You do Realise BH that your just teasing us ;)
The reason the Detail is taking me so long is my knackered body (courtesy of my old job) only allows a max of 3 hours work a day on the S4
After this afternoon's session I'm up to around 12 hours worth of work in total. Not much more work to go

Reactions: Keef and Blackwhite
Nice mod - the new badges look good. Where's the best place to get some from and what do the carbon ones look like?

Thanks

Part number for carbon Supercharged badge - 4F0853601
£36.60 each from main dealer - they have to order them in as a special order, usually 10 days and you have to pay up front.
Also you can get copies on ebay for £5

Last edited:
Reactions: TheFiftheElement and ERBY
Carbon badges sit better on grey IMO.
That pic shows just how sparkly Daytona is too :)

Reactions: Keef
Three items came thro' the post this morning

First & second

@t8ups interior LED light upgrade kit & some pry tools so I don't damage any of the interior trim when changing the bulbs
The pry tools were only £2.18 delivered off the bay of e
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4pcs-Auto...1?&clk_rvr_id=850590690686&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

2Xyq1bp.jpg

Third

A little personalised package from Audi containing my AA recovery service card & a little bit of Audi history literature
Yes its a little bit of BS, but still nice all the same

ZySt05L.jpg

eg6ZDXv.jpg

Reactions: Blackwhite
Never mind the lawn mower, that Ford Fiesta looks exactly like the hire car I had in Jersey the other week. It had a 1.0 litre 3-cyl turbo petrol engine knocking out 99bhp. Despite that extraordinary engine and very quick steering, it was a hateful little thing.

No disrespect @Keef but ouch on the price. :)

Ha ha non taken mate - yes crazy price, but my OEM ocd (or snobbery) didn’t quiet feel right,
spending almost £50k on a car then buying fake badges from ebay..but that just me.

All these shinny new cars are making me want another trip to your neck of the wood to get Nick to rework his magic on mine.
Even with the reset / reload i can’t get it looking like he does.

My dealer thinks im mad with all my 'Do not wash' signs lol

Looking good BH!

Reactions: ruairi83 and Bristle Hound
Thanks for the badge info provided earlier in the thread - that's very useful.

+1 #teamdaytona:grimacing:
She's a right looker now BH, its beyond me why they don't do this job in Ingolstadt but thats another story…?!
The Red looks great with #teamsepang :friendly wink:

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Keef
@Bristle Hound oh gosh your getting me excited. We demand more!! Looking very good Mr Hound

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Blackwhite
Thanks for the badge info provided earlier in the thread - that's very useful.
@NickW_S4 - Your welcome :)
+1 #teamdaytona:grimacing:
She's a right looker now BH, its beyond me why they don't do this job in Ingolstadt but thats another story…?!
The Red looks great with #teamsepang :friendly wink:
Cheers David :)
@Bristle Hound oh gosh your getting me excited. We demand more!! Looking very good Mr Hound
Thanks buddy!
Yes. BH is the top dog!
@Blackwhite - Your making me blush again BW lol
& thank you my friend :)

Key with new keyring -

WARNING.....be careful with that metal keyring. I had a similar S-Line one and I ended up scratching the leather on the rather nice flat bottomed steering wheel GUTTED !!!!!
Because the Key plugs in on the left of the wheel I had a tendency to withdraw the Key & Keyring with my left hand, then place my left hand on the steering wheel as I manoeuvred out of the car. The metal of the keyring must of caught on the wheel on two occasions.
I know just have the plastic key with nothing hanging off it to prevent it happening again.

If it were plugged in on the normal side / location for a key it would not of happened.

WARNING.....be careful with that metal keyring. I had a similar S-Line one and I ended up scratching the leather on the rather nice flat bottomed steering wheel GUTTED !!!!!
Because the Key plugs in on the left of the wheel I had a tendency to withdraw the Key & Keyring with my left hand, then place my left hand on the steering wheel as I manoeuvred out of the car. The metal of the keyring must of caught on the wheel on two occasions.
I know just have the plastic key with nothing hanging off it to prevent it happening again.

If it were plugged in on the normal side / location for a key it would not of happened.
@Scott.T - Thanks for the heads up