1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BH's Sepang Blue B8.5 Audi S4 Black Edition Saloon

Bristle Hound Mar 18, 2015

1. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 quattro Black Edition s tronic

Hi, Col

It must really hurt the dealer staff when they see the letter saying the work they've done is all for nothing. As far as the wheel is concerned, I'm not surprised it happened. My experience of the car park jockey casually banging a car door against mine was evidence enogh of how little they care for customers' cars. I'm also not surpised the refurb didn't work; mine didn't either. Unfortunately, a brand new £800 replacement wasn't feasible because I'd damaged it myself. Be content with the result you have.

As to time for a change, that experience sounds like a reason to change dealer; only change brand if someone other than Audi builds a car you want to buy.

Chop. and Bristle Hound like this.
  2. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator

@jdp1962 - My understanding is the Service department charge the Sales department for the servicing to my car
    Agreed Jeff. The main Dealers talk the talk but in reality its all BS (speaking from the perspective of someone who's father & brother were in the motor trade for 60 odd years combined. Made for some 'interesting' discussions around the tea table before I was married lol)
    I'm just hoping that a £800 wheel may make them think twice in future. See, ever the optimist lol

Don't get me wrong Jeff I am content, its just their attitude doesn't help. Lets not for get here my S4 is a £42k car (& yours seven more !) & I damn well expect better service than I got
    Still tempted to fire off a snot'o'gram to the Dealer Principal, but don't know whether I can be bothered TBH

If I do keep my S4 I won't be darkening this Dealers doors again for servicing or for that matter any future Audi car purchases

After 15 years of Audi, time for a change of brand me thinks (& not because of this fiasco) or may be not lol

Tashfeen likes this.
  3. Tashfeen

Tashfeen S4 - the smile per mile machine (thanks @XP :-D) Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 VCDS Map User Audi S4 quattro Black Edition Supercharged

I can sympathise mate, unfortunately they have done the same with mine however as I was in a rush I didn't notice the wheels before and only realised it couple of weeks after when I was washing the car. And by that time it was too late.

On two previous occasions I asked them to not wash the car and they did and all I was offered were apologies. Gladly they didn't wash it this time as I had displayed 'do not wash' signs as well made it clear to the advisor that if they did they will have to get the car detailed for me to remove the swirls they cause. Luckily they didn't.

As you said, for them it is just another car and one of many either on the floor or one that customers drop off.

Glad you got it sorted and hopefully the £800 receipt would be enough to serve as a reminder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bristle Hound, jdp1962 and Chop. like this.
  4. Chop.

Chop. Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Silver Supporter Audi S4 quattro Audi Avant Owner Group s tronic Supercharged

glad your getting it sorted mate its a bad job when you cant take your car in for a service without it getting damaged

trouble is to the dealers and garages its just another car for them to sort so they can make some money and i think a lot of people forget that making money is what they are there to do, i dont think you'll find any dealer audi or other that will treat your car like its there own or how you expect it to be treated and thats a shame

saddly booking it in and crossing your fingers i think is the best we can all hope for

5. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 quattro Black Edition s tronic

I didn't start buying Audis because of the dealers, and I won't stop because of them. I start from the assumption that all dealers of all brands are generally rubbish, and I'm pleasantly surprised if I ever find myself to be wrong on that. As I hinted in the earlier post, I'll change brand when I see a car I want more than an Audi, and can afford. Presently, I'm still in love with the S4, and still intend keeping it when the PCP ends next June.

At the moment, the only thing that might make me change it is if middle age weight gain (I do tend to eat and drink more than is healthy for me) and a deterioration in my wonky back and knee joints force me into the higher seating position of an SUV. If that happens, I'll be saying bye-bye to Audi and hello to a Porsche Macan 3.0V6 turbo.

Chop. and Tashfeen like this.
  6. Tashfeen

Tashfeen S4 - the smile per mile machine (thanks @XP :-D) Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 VCDS Map User Audi S4 quattro Black Edition Supercharged

What not an SQ7 or an SQ5 Jeff

7. jdp1962

Because they're hideous. :)

Bristle Hound and Tashfeen like this.
  8. Tashfeen

I'll give you one for that @jdp1962 , they are actually hideous. I am also not so sure about the new Q5 or Q8, the old Q5 was acceptable but new one, I am not sure.

9. Chop.

Chop. Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Silver Supporter Audi S4 quattro Audi Avant Owner Group s tronic Supercharged

+1 for the Porsche :hearteyes:

I like the old Q7s even as big as they are but not the new one

Tashfeen likes this.
  10. jdp1962

I'm no etymologist, but I'm fairly sure the creation of the portmanteau word ""fugly" coincided with the unleashing onto the public of the first generation Q7.

11. Tashfeen

haha, love it. Can we tag Audi on this forum. They need to read this comment and get back to the bloody drawing board.

Bristle Hound likes this.
  12. Bristle Hound

Thanks for all the comments guys

TBH when my wife had a Ford Ka, I held my breath when I took it into the Ford garage for service
    Much to my surprise they did a fab job & the customer service was better than my local Audi garage

Problem with my Audi garage seems to be they have been a victim of their own success. They just cant cope with the after care they should be giving to their customers as they have sold so many cars. Good for Audi bad for the customer.

I know you guys say I should be changing my main Audi Dealer. But why should I? I love my Audi's but they are not the only manufacturer out there. If they can't do the after care bit, well my cash will be going elsewhere

Talking of Porsche's. They just opened a brand new showroom near me. Time for a visit maybe lol

TBH I've always wanted a S4 since I first got my 1st A4 & now I've achieved that & its everything I could have wished for. Its a great car !
    But I look at the rest of the Audi range & there's nothing out there I fancy
    S1 - To small
    S3 saloon - Now sadly too expensive IMHO
    S4 - Too big
    S5 & S5 SB - Too big
    Mk3 TT - Not practical enough
    SUV's - Not for me
    See my problem lol

Impressive ! You swallowed a dictionary there @jdp1962 lol :p

After having a good rummage around a Q2 in the Audi showroom, I would like to nominate the new Q2 for the fugly status too :D

Chop., Tashfeen and jdp1962 like this.
  13. Bristle Hound

100717.jpg

ruairi83 likes this.
  14. Bristle Hound

The rotor replacement wheel for my car was/is £792.50 incl. VAT
    The part no. is 8K0 601 025 CN if anyones interested

Won't be darkening that Dealers doors again

scotty76, Tashfeen and Chop. like this.
  15. Bristle Hound

Did the best of 3 launches today using Launch Control on my S4
    All three 0-60mph times were under 5 seconds, the best being -
    4.82 seconds

To make things as accurate as I could I used the same road & the same iPhone app as I did in my previous LC experience -
    http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...oon-black-edition.240456/page-13#post-2742301
    Only difference to above was that it was 2 degrees C warmer today

Still find it mighty impressive !

Tashfeen likes this.
  16. Bristle Hound

Been a while since any updates

Nothing to report

Had some 'interesting' drives in the snow & ice that we all had recently in the Uk
    'Twas even more fun with traction control switched off lol

Took some serious cleaning to get the S4 back into the state I prefer it in

[​IMG]

Been giving a few M3/M4 owners a shock away from the traffic lights recently
    Now its got to the point where I'm looking for them at the lights lol

Yes, yes I know very childish, but great fun all the same

PS Set the rear lights as DRL's with Carista now we have the early dark nights. I'll put it back to standard when the clocks move in March

jdp1962, TechNick and Tashfeen like this.
  17. Dippy

Dippy Well-Known Member Team Monsoon Audi S5 Black Edition

Great job - or else you have photoshopped it? :)

I want to be childish too - but I never seem to find anyone else to play childish games with :(

Bristle Hound and Tashfeen like this.
  18. Tashfeen

Lol. It is frustrating, isn’t it. I had to wait nearly one and a half year before I got the opportunity against the ones I mentioned in my other thread. But, it was worth the wait

19. Bristle Hound

@Dippy - Thanks & I wouldn't know how to Photoshop a pic if someone paid me lol
    Too many 14 year olds driving M3/M4's near me (well thats how old they look to me lol)

Tashfeen likes this.
  20. Bristle Hound

Well I've gone & done it. I've gone & sold the S4 :(

I was offered a price I couldn't really refuse & the price was always going to be a less (probably a lot) with the new 18 plate round the corner, the time was right for me
    Last pic (in a Morrisons car park of all places)

[​IMG]

Still undecided about the Cupra TBH
    http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bhs-mystery-blue-mk3-seat-leon-cupra-300-5-door.340323/

Couple or three things I do know about my next car -

1) It's unlikely be an Audi - I fancy a change after 16 years continuous Audi ownership TBH
    2) Whatever it is it WILL be a PCH deal this time round
    3) I'm in no rush

scotty76, Meemo, Keef and 3 others like this.
  21. A4A4

A4A4 myAudi Team Daytona

Hope the owner keeps it as clean as you did. Good luck with the new non-audi car.

22. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

Onwards and upwards mate wait till the weather is better but the new cupra does cut a dash on the road not that l have saw many just one, which is down the road from me

23. jdp1962

Hope the Cupra's your thing, Col. :icon thumright:

24. JG51 AUD

JG51 AUD Well-Known Member Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Audi S5 quattro Black Edition Supercharged

Audi Sport. net without BH, surely not! :sadlike:

JG

25. Bristle Hound

@A4A4 - I wondered that lol
    & thanks :thumbs up:
    @jassyo06 - Cheers mate :thumbs up:
    TBH since I ordered the Cupra I'm yet to see one on the road
    @jdp1962 - Still not 100% on the Cupra Jeff, so we'll see
    & thanks
    @JG51 AUD - Don't intend leaving ASN, if you all still want me Audi-less ;) :D

JG51 AUD and jassyo06 like this.
  26. Bristle Hound

@DrEskimo - Now I know what being Supercharger-less feels like ... :(

27. JG51 AUD

JG51 AUD Well-Known Member Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Audi S5 quattro Black Edition Supercharged

Surely you know the answer to that one BH, wouldn't be the same without your wealth of knowledge. :thumbs up:

JG

Keef, DrEskimo and Bristle Hound like this.
  28. Bristle Hound

@JG51 AUD - Your making me blush JG

JG51 AUD likes this.
  29. DrEskimo

DrEskimo Well-Known Member

Ah mate...did it go today? :(

Hear hear!

Bristle Hound and JG51 AUD like this.
  30. Bristle Hound

@DrEskimo - Yup :(

31. BarryG79

BarryG79 Well-Known Member

It’s is sad day when you become car less, especially when saying good bye to a supercharged one!

Interested to here your thoughts on the Cupra........if you get one lol

32. Keef

Keef Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi S4

@Bristle Hound someones got a good deal as that's one well kept S4!
    Private sale I assume?

33. Dippy

Dippy Well-Known Member Team Monsoon Audi S5 Black Edition

A wonderful opportunity to correct your mistake BH - now you can get an S5! :)

Bristle Hound and jdp1962 like this.
  34. Tashfeen

Not been active on the forum and then the first notification that gets popped up is @Dippy ‘s on your thread BH. And it is a shocker! So the best with your search mate.

35. Bristle Hound

@BarryG79 - Agreed :thumbs up:
    & I'll let you know ;)
    @Keef - Thanks :thumbs up:
    Trade
    @Dippy - PMSL :D
    @Tashfeen - Cheers buddy ! :thumbs up:

36. jdp1962

@Bristle Hound, I'm not surprised that you're having second thoughts, Col. Here's what you said three years ago in the very first post on this glorious thread.

"However, my wife and I were having concerns over the size of S3 saloon to the point where we went down to the Dealers to have a play in a A3 saloon to see if it was really big enough. Well as you can guess it wasn't big enough for our needs, with ever expanding Grandkids"

Now, I don't imagine the grandkids haven't continued to expand, (unless of course your real name is Rick Moranis :) ) so how is an Cupra going to be big enough for them now if an S3 wouldn't have been three years ago?

37. Bristle Hound

@jdp1962 - Very true Jeff. I've 'acquired' another 2 Grandkids since that post too ...

Just missed out on a cracking 2 year PCH on a BMW 435d xdrive gran coupe (bit like the A5/S5 sportback)
    At the mo, the Cupra remains a 'Plan B', but I sometimes wonder whether I'm looking for something that isn't there

As to the next car being to small to carry our ever expanding brood of Grandkids, there's always 'shanks' pony' ! ;) :D (Only kidding lol)

Mind you Ive always fancied a Vauxhall Agila ... :D

[​IMG]

:D:D:D

38. Roadrunner146

Roadrunner146 Active Member Team Moonlight TFSI Owners Group Team V6 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group Supercharged

Sorry, couldn't resist .

39. mister.c.

mister.c. Active Member TeamMisano Audi A3

@Bristle Hound I feel your loss! Your S4 was/is a lovely car that as I've mentioned previously I wanted to take off your hands! If life hadn't moved me in a different path in the last few weeks/months (the break up of a 18 year relationship) then I would have been pestering you every week in 2018 to see when it was for sale. I'll maybe have to wait a year or two or three longer to get my S4 but your thread and others have fuelled my anticipation.

Just don't get anything **** to replace it with :icon thumright:

40. Bristle Hound

@Roadrunner146 - Yeh I've seen this lol
    @mister.c. - Thanks :thumbs up: Sorry to hear about that mate
    & I'll try not too lol

Yesterday I was offered, on a 24 PCH, a BMW M4 Coupe 2dr DCT (Competition Pack) for
    Initial payment - £4319.89 incl. VAT
    23 months @ £513.58 incl. VAT
    6000 miles / year

Very tempted indeedy ...

You reckon your son can beat this deal @jassyo06 ? ;) :D

mister.c. and jassyo06 like this.