BH's Sepang Blue B8.5 Audi S4 Black Edition Saloon

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
I had previously ordered a S3 saloon (2 actually lol)

However, my wife and I were having concerns over the size of S3 saloon to the point where we went down to the Dealers to have a play in a A3 saloon to see if it was really big enough. Well as you can guess it wasn't big enough for our needs, with ever expanding Grandkids

So when we returned home it was straight on 'tinterweb for some research

I could see that some of the Audi Dealers were offering cracking deals on S4's. Got my best price and went off to my local Dealer

Surprise surprise they came within £400 of my best online quote
The price of the S4 was almost to the £ the exact price that I was paying for my S3 saloon at its discounted price! Would have been rude not too! lol

Order form signed, deposit paid. I was fortunate enough to hijack a Dealer order on one and have gone straight in at BW20, which I'm hoping may be sooner

Spec wise I haven't gone for a lot of extra's. I never do TBH. & really for me the S4 BE has enough kit on it

My Spec.-
  • Audi S4 Saloon Black Edition 3.0 V6 TFSI quattro
  • S-tronic
  • Pearl effect sepang blue
  • Black styling pack
  • Full electric black leather / alcantara seats
  • Black headlining
  • Piano black inlays
  • 19" 5 arm rotor titanium wheels
  • Parking system plus
  • Cruise control
  • Interior lighting pack
  • B & O sound system (14 speaker 505 watts)
  • Audi Music Interface
Below are the options I went for -
  • Audi drive select
  • Damper control
  • Hill hold assist
  • Leather door armrests from & rear
  • Storage pack
I've had three previous new A4's in the last 13 years, so it looks like I was destined for another one albeit a S4 this time

This was my last A4 which I must say I loved and I don't normally get attached to my cars TBH
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...udi-a4-2-0-tfsi-quattro-s-line-saloon.225569/

My S4's build PDF from Audi's configurator -
http://www.pdf-archive.com/2015/03/27/s4-sepang-blue-260315/

The wait begins ...

Edit : Collected on page 6 post #219 onwards
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...n-saloon-my-thread.240456/page-6#post-2476647

Supercharged badge's on page 8 post #293
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...n-saloon-my-thread.240456/page-8#post-2488403

New Car Detail on page 9 post's #322 & #323
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...n-saloon-my-thread.240456/page-9#post-2492971

LED interior light upgrade on page 11 post's #408 & #410
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-saloon-my-thread.240456/page-11#post-2512106

Front fog light 'delete' on page 11 post #425
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-saloon-my-thread.240456/page-11#post-2527111

First service on page 13 post #505
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-saloon-my-thread.240456/page-13#post-2760488

12 month ownership review on page 13 post #510
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-saloon-my-thread.240456/page-13#post-2762920

Second service on page 14 post #560
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...oon-black-edition.240456/page-14#post-3054226

Reactions: Kevin S4 Avant, AU11 ALS, David83S3 and 4 others
Wow, excellent news :) x

Reactions: Bristle Hound
LOL
Well coming from an A4 to an S3, just make sure your car *** doesn't stick out in the supermarkets as it's a loooooong car :p

The A4 B8 forum is a friendly place, slightly more mature if I must say so myself

Reactions: Kevin S4 Avant and Bristle Hound
So... it is locked in then yeah??...

......will dig out some S6 brochures for ya? I will then have the S8 brochure sitting waiting once you got bored with the S6 one.. :jester:

Reactions: Kevin S4 Avant, voorhees, elpaulio and 2 others
Wow, excellent news :) x
Thanks Sandra :thumbs up:

LOL
Well coming from an A4 to an S3, just make sure your car *** doesn't stick out in the supermarkets as it's a loooooong car :p

The A4 B8 forum is a friendly place, slightly more mature if I must say so myself
Cheers LF :thumbs up:

Will be spending a bit more time in here now :)

So... it is locked in then yeah??...

......will dig out some S6 brochures for ya? I will then have the S8 brochure sitting waiting once you got bored with the S6 one.. :jester:
:asskicking:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hey BH

Great another new owner waiting, i see you will get yours a couple of weeks before mind :jump: We can have the next 9-10weeks waiting togather:banghead:

Great choice in colour :D

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Keef
Reactions: Lastkill21
Nice car and great spec. It's a waiting game now, but it will be here in no time...:kissmyrings:

Welcome BH. Plenty of S4 owners here. Lovely colour too. Wanted Sepang but wasn't available when I ordered. :(

Welcome BH. Plenty of S4 owners here. Lovely colour too. Wanted Sepang but wasn't available when I ordered. :(
@scotty76 - Thanks for the welcome :thumbs up:

Just got to put up with the wait now lol

One question you may be able to answer. Does the B8.5 S4 come with LED number plates lights as standard?

Reactions: scotty76
If am honest ive not seen a bad looking s4 yet. Am sure there will be an exclusive pink one out there somewhere which wont take my fancy ;)

Surely you can spend the time mulling what LSP to put on it. :)

Congratulations BH cracking car in the best colour and the black package looks uber
On a similar note l am surprised how small inside my S3 is,my Focus ST was far roomier

Sounds really nice BH, look forward to seeing some pics!

I knew I'd tempt you with that six letter word beginning in e and ending in e!
3.0t (when it isn't even a t but its super) was clearly enough to release the petrol head inside of ya!
Excellent choice!

Good choice :icon thumright:

Did you have chance to take one out for a run? Supercharged V6 is a very different driving experience to anything I've driven before, with the linear power delivery and instant response to what seems like unstoppable acceleration :onthego:

Congratulations BH cracking car in the best colour and the black package looks uber
On a similar note l am surprised how small inside my S3 is,my Focus ST was far roomier
Thanks buddy :thumbs up:

Sounds really nice BH, look forward to seeing some pics!
Cheers Schuey :)

I knew I'd tempt you with that six letter word beginning in e and ending in e!
3.0t (when it isn't even a t but its super) was clearly enough to release the petrol head inside of ya!
Excellent choice!
Must admit I thought you were psychic at one point Mr.C ;):laugh:

3 litre V6 supercharger with 'real' quattro - oh yeh! :jump:

& thanks buddy :thumbs up:

Good choice :icon thumright:

Did you have chance to take one out for a run? Supercharged V6 is a very different driving experience to anything I've driven before, with the linear power delivery and instant response to what seems like unstoppable acceleration :onthego:
Cheers :)

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance for a test drive in a S4. My local Dealer who I'm purchasing thro' doesn't have one in group. But hey, more too look foreword too when it arrives :thumbs up:

Great choice & colour there BH...having had 2 x S3's in the past, for me it definitely ticks more boxes with regard to practicality & pace (and exhaust farts!)
It'll come around in no time - good luck & enjoy!
@scotty76
One question you may be able to answer. Does the B8.5 S4 come with LED number plates lights as standard?
- Yes.

Ooops missed that. As David says yes, LED as standard.

Great choice! Sepang with Black Edition works very well together. :thumbs up:

Annoyed you managed to get build week one ahead of me - My order was placed 5 weeks ago! :(

Great choice & colour there BH...having had 2 x S3's in the past, for me it definitely ticks more boxes with regard to practicality & pace (and exhaust farts!)
It'll come around in no time - good luck & enjoy!

- Yes.
Thanks
& thanks David :thumbs up:
Ooops missed that. As David says yes, LED as standard.
Cheers buddy :)
Great choice! Sepang with Black Edition works very well together. :thumbs up:

Annoyed you managed to get build week one ahead of me - My order was placed 5 weeks ago! :(

The only reason I've jumped the queue so to speak is I've hijacked the Dealer's order. They just swapped their spec for mine. Just trying to keep away from the brochure at the mo so I don't add anymore options lol

Reactions: silentbrown
Just trying to keep away from the brochure at the mo so I don't add anymore options lol
I can relate to that. If you're thinking of keeping it for more than a couple of years, I'd consider extending the warranty. Cost me around £750 for an extra 2 years. Prices are the same for all A4 models!

You should be able to get the same discount on options as well as the base price.

My Avant spec has storage pack,tech pack, convenience pack, sports diff and heated seats. Not BE though, so no B&O. Considered dampers but couldn't convince myself.

I can relate to that. If you're thinking of keeping it for more than a couple of years, I'd consider extending the warranty. Cost me around £750 for an extra 2 years. Prices are the same for all A4 models!

You should be able to get the same discount on options as well as the base price.

My Avant spec has storage pack,tech pack, convenience pack, sports diff and heated seats. Not BE though, so no B&O. Considered dampers but couldn't convince myself.
I'll bear the additional warranty in mind. Cheers :thumbs up:

Dealer already done this on a previous order, with some prompting ;)

Sounds like a nice spec there buddy :)

Hey BH , Think I recognise you & your Ibis from a certain Mini forum ! S4 , awesome !

Sounds amazing mate, can't wait to see the pictures! :) :icon thumright:

That's so funny, I was only thinking just now if you had collected your S3 already BH, so looks like you enjoy the waiting game.

By the way, isn't there a new S7 on the way or recently released?

Congrats on the order BH, the spec looks fantastic
Glad to see u specced the light pack as it's very disheartening without.
U not fancy the MMI ?
The 19" rotors will look great on the sepang paint

He'll want a bigger boot and more power, so it'll be an C7 RS6 Avant
& a Bank account with a lot more money in it! :p:D

Hey BH , Think I recognise you & your Ibis from a certain Mini forum ! S4 , awesome !
Hi Bainie. Yup, thats me ;)

& thanks :thumbs up:

Sounds amazing mate, can't wait to see the pictures! :) :icon thumright:
Cheers buddy :thumbs up:

That's so funny, I was only thinking just now if you had collected your S3 already BH, so looks like you enjoy the waiting game.

By the way, isn't there a new S7 on the way or recently released?
Yup, love waiting me :banghead:
:laugh:

Congrats on the order BH, the spec looks fantastic
The 19" rotors will look great on the sepang paint
Thanks Robbie :thumbs up:

Congratulations @Bristle Hound ....Finally!! Are you going to try and stick with this decision :think: ???

Make sure you keep us update don the 8V section :thumbs up: ....Car sounds fantastic!!!!

Enjoy the wait BH :)
Just had a call to say my S4 BE is at Sheerness, so just the last leg to Poole to go now :cool:
I was torn between Sepang and Daytona.....went for Daytona in the end.
Going to be sad seeing my TT go....but eased somewhat by getting in the S4 :)

Reactions: Bristle Hound and scotty76
Not sure if this is going to work?

http://flic.kr/p/rGu1rF If not

rGu1rF

Reactions: ERBY, Keef and RobbieWebs
Must work out how to get photos onto the thread....

Its true its an avant but the colour / wheel combo does look good. That was the last time it was clean (3 weeks ago), maybe this weekend I'll clean it again although there's rather too much Rugby on.

Reactions: RobbieWebs

You might have to tweak something on Flickr. If you click on the share arrow (on Flickr) and then choose BBCode it says "Sharing is restricted for this photo" which is likely the issue. Normally you just grab the image link and enclose it in the image tags which is what I think you have done.

Its true its an avant but the colour / wheel combo does look good. That was the last time it was clean (3 weeks ago), maybe this weekend I'll clean it again although there's rather too much Rugby on.

I'm Avant biased but that sepang really suits the cars lines.
Jealous much!