1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better than Autosol

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by mattyboyc, Jun 14, 2013.

1. mattyboyc

mattyboyc Active Member

Hi all,
    My exhaust tips need a bit of a clean up and autosol does not seem up to the job, can anyone recommend a better metal cleaner for my stainless tips, i am about o do a polished bliss order so if any of their products come with good reviews i will add it on,
    Thanks in advance,
    Matt
  2. Chris-Vspec

Chris-Vspec Member

I've always found autoglym metal polish pretty good, not sure how much it differs to autosol though
    sidibear likes this.
  3. scotty76

scotty76 Active Member

4. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !! Staff Member Moderator

+1 on the auto glym metal polish. It kinda leaves a coating which is easier to clean.

I use it on a .45ACP revolver, so it can stand up to heat quite well. The carbon residue wipes off with ease after around 50 rounds, and slowly gets more difficult to remove up to around 150 rounds.

I know you think the gun comparison isn't the same as a car exhaust but its a more extreme test. It creates a lot of heat and corrosive residue and the polish stands up to it quite well, the car exhaust will produce less heat and be in a less or similar corrosive environment.

We test, so you don't have to :icon_thumright:
  5. Jonathaan

Jonathaan Diesel Power!

Brasso is also another alternative,
  6. coreythorny

coreythorny Member

Meguiars metal polish is probably my favourite. Autosol is actually quite a coarse compound, good for shifting the soot off the tips but leaves a slightly "scratched" finish to the eye.
  7. mattyboyc

mattyboyc Active Member

Thanks for the replys, got brasso in the cupboard and pb stock meguires so will give that a go,
    Cheers,
    Matt