1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better bass

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by jolly14, Apr 27, 2011.

1. jolly14

jolly14 Member

Hey guys,

Has anyone changed the farty noise sub in an avant b6 to a better sounding unit or just changed the sub itself please let me know if you have and with what cos i do love a bit of bass.

Cheers Jay

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes, see this thread:
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-cabriolet-s4-forum-b6-chassis/92187-sub-issues.html

The enclosure is 18mm MDF, and would take an 8" sub. Transforms the sound but does need about 250wrms to drive it. The amp can be installed where the old tupperware sub used to live. All the connections are already in the boot, you just need to run a power cable to the battery.
    You can't just change the speaker as it's the tupperware box it sits in that is the main problem, plus the feeble 1 x 50w amp that drives it.

#2 AndyMac, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  4. jd26

jd26 Member

Just get a single box with a 10/12 in there amped :)

5. jolly14

jolly14 Member

I'd love to but the buggy and all the shopping would ruin it in no time, i've already got a load of sony gear, amps crossovers and 10" sub from my other b5 saloon.

Cheers

6. jolly14

jolly14 Member

Yeah thats the kind of thing i want but do i have to get a different head unit as the after market ones look *****.

Many thanks

7. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

No all Audi HU's have front and rear pre-outs. The stock sub amp runs off the rear pre-outs already in the boot so you can use these to drive an aftermarket sub amp. You will need a 4channel amp as you need to drive the rears as well, or get a small 2ch just for the rears