1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to connect ipod?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by eddie_a3, Apr 15, 2009.

1. eddie_a3

eddie_a3 Member

basically i have the chourus 2 double din hu
    whats thebest way?
    new hu with ipod connection - most expensive
    or is it possible to connect it to current hu?
    Cheers

2. A2A6

A2A6 Member

Hi eddie,

Use the search facility. There is an absolute shed load of info on here. There is the Audi iPod adaptor, the Dension 100 and 300 or if you've got RNS-E there's the Alpine 425 which is great but ££££.

The Audi system requires you to set up six playlists on your iPod which are then played as "virtual CD's" - ok but no search facility.....

The Densions give a bit more control via your DIS. The Alpine gives almost a complete iPod interface on the RNS-E screen.

Do some research. I've ony been on here a couple of months and it is a fantastic resource - there's a huge amount of collective knowledge on this site with many people happy to share their experiences.

Welcome and enjoy........ :o.k:

Paul

3. eddie_a3

eddie_a3 Member

Cheers for help mate :)
    will this work on the chours stereo though? ive heard differernt...
    Cheers

4. Dogzyboy

Dogzyboy New Member

I went with the xcarlink option: http://www.xcarlink.co.uk It's similar to the Audi system in that it predominantly uses playlists, though CD1 allows full control of the ipod, unlike the Audi system. It's not a perfect solution, but seemed the best one for me for Functionality Vs Price.

5. 330_2_S3

330_2_S3 Member

You see the car link option (thread below), will that be able to connect to the existing Ipod factory fitted audi connection in the glove compartment?