best way to clean seats

I tried many products on my fabric seats but found the best and easiet way is to get the proffesionally valeted.
I know its not the answer you probably wanted but i spent a lot of time and money trying to get my seats clean before i had them valeted.

I used a product called 'ambersill auto groom' on mine, came up quite nice.

steam clean? actually on alcantara that might not be a good idea?!

I only had to do the rear seat bases which was easy enough, separating the wire rings that hold the fabric down onto the foam making the ribs is a bit fiddly and time consuming though.

If you do this DO NOT pull the wires from the foam or you'll have to glue them back down before reassembling.

Like all things interior related, if you know how something comes apart you can save a lot of time and effort. Hopefully someone can post how to take apart the seat uppers for you.

Any a similar thread from a year ago:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=19519&highlight=alcantara

Use or hire a vax style carpet and upholstery shampooer. I have one in the house, I got one years ago and when it died bought another, even with full leather seats on all our cars, they are stuill great for carpets etc.
And the washng powder tip is a good one, I use regular DAZ in my shampooer, it is low foam and really gets the crud out. Rinse well using the shampooer with clean water on alcantara, let the alcantara get nice and wet and dont be too "scrubby" with the nozzle, if the nozzle is old or worn it can pluck the alcantara a bit, take your time and go over them a few times, also use a nail brush on the solution to scrub then up a bit before you wet vac off.
BTW, do an inconspicuous area of the alcantara with the solution frst, just o ensure it is nto going to run! !!