Best way to clean inside my exhaust?

CHRIS555

DOPE with added OCD
Reaction score
Apart from rags, water and elbow grease is there any products or methods to help get the inside of my exhaust tips back to there best? My exhaust is a year or so old and I want it stupidly shiny again!!

You want to clean the inside of the exhaust?
Once cleaned it will quickly go black again.
I could understand the out side but not the inside.

Raceglaze Alutech Raceglaze Alutech Metal Polish | Raceglaze Car Care & Detailing Products applied with one of these cut into small-ish chunks: Lake Country Light Cut Hand Pad | Lake Country Car Care & Detailing Products

Or, alternatively, the same pad and Briliant Aluminium and Stainless Polish: Briliant Aluminium & Stainless Steel Polish | Briliant Car Care & Detailing Products

For results with the Briliant, have a wee look of Clark's Land Rover Defender write up here: Polished Bliss®: Land Rover Defender... - Detailing World

when i had my scooby people on that forum would spend hours doing the inside of there exhausts

IMG_1379.jpg

Chris a good metal polish some wire wool and a drop of elbow grease will bring it up a treat

i always like to leave the inside black, surely it will be black in 5 mins??

i used autosol metak polish , some wet and dry fine paper,a scotch pad or very fine green scourer , then some more autosol buff it up and your done nothing wrong with keeping your pipes clean