1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to clean inside my exhaust?

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by CHRIS555, Jan 19, 2011.

1. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

Apart from rags, water and elbow grease is there any products or methods to help get the inside of my exhaust tips back to there best? My exhaust is a year or so old and I want it stupidly shiny again!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics
    Supporter

You want to clean the inside of the exhaust?
    Once cleaned it will quickly go black again.
    I could understand the out side but not the inside.

4. John @ PB

John @ PB Member

Raceglaze Alutech Raceglaze Alutech Metal Polish | Raceglaze Car Care & Detailing Products applied with one of these cut into small-ish chunks: Lake Country Light Cut Hand Pad | Lake Country Car Care & Detailing Products

Or, alternatively, the same pad and Briliant Aluminium and Stainless Polish: Briliant Aluminium & Stainless Steel Polish | Briliant Car Care & Detailing Products

For results with the Briliant, have a wee look of Clark's Land Rover Defender write up here: Polished BlissĀ®: Land Rover Defender... - Detailing World

5. Taroni

Taroni Member

when i had my scooby people on that forum would spend hours doing the inside of there exhausts

[​IMG]

6. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Chris a good metal polish some wire wool and a drop of elbow grease will bring it up a treat

7. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

i always like to leave the inside black, surely it will be black in 5 mins??

8. allyp

allyp Member

i used autosol metak polish , some wet and dry fine paper,a scotch pad or very fine green scourer , then some more autosol buff it up and your done nothing wrong with keeping your pipes clean