1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way of fitting the lower VOTEX to my Audi Sport TDI bumper

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Black_B6, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Black_B6

Black_B6 Member

Picked up a VOTEX lower with grilles off ebay

so to attach it to my current bumper - how to go about it..

im slightly confused because after a quick google search theres different opinions

some keep the current lower and attach it over it - i must admit - i didnt think this was possible - but seems it is

others remove lower and fit it

what is the easiest way?
  2. mattyb6

mattyb6 Member

Here mate, this is a thread started by my mate Paul, it will explain how to do it
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-cabriolet-s4-forum-b6-chassis/169652-votex-lower-fitment.html
  3. dpbayly

dpbayly Member

The correct way as the instruction manual that the skirt comes with tells you to fit over the top, fitted mine a couple of months ago.

Did you get the 2 little plates that fit just inside the rear of the inner wheel arch they get sandwidged between the votex skirt and inner arch?

I sprayed my lowers satin black where you could see it through the mesh and it works a treat cant see it at all.
  4. Black_B6

Black_B6 Member

Cheers for that mattyB6!

Im awaiting delivery - so not got it yet but i dont think its with the inner wheel arch plates - at least it wasnt advertised with them anyway..

So if i dont get them - is it still fine to put it over my lower bumper or do i need them?

My car is black - so i guess i can put it straight over eh - without worrying about spraying the current bumper... but i need to remove grilles though.
  5. dpbayly

dpbayly Member

Correct remove the stock grills,

If the plates are missing it shouldn't cause to much of a problem they are there to be used as a spacer so might have to knock something up but offer it up and see you may get away with it.
  6. Paul @ Unit

Paul @ Unit Active Member

part number for the plates anyone