1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best way of cleaning inside windscreen?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by steve184, Apr 26, 2007.

1. steve184

steve184 Active Member

This has always been abugbear of mine - can't stand to have windows which are dirty and show up as hazey when you get the bright sunlight shining though - you know what i mean. Anyway whats the best way of getting these crystal clear on the inside - i can't seem to find one product or way of doing this, doesn't matter what i try to clean the inside of the glass with, i always end up with hazey marks left over it pees me off!

Anyone got any magic tricks?
  2. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

AutoGlym fast glass sprayed all over and kitchen roll to wipe it off making sure you overlap to take care of any hazy marks.

Finished off with a chamois demister pad from any car store, its a very think chamois pad (about 2-3 inches thick) designed for the windscreen.
  3. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

Oh and best to clean it in the direct sunlight then you can see the hazy marks and take care of them easier!
  4. shane j

shane j New Member

make sure you are inside the car.
  5. coupe-se

coupe-se Member

Any window cleaning spray from a supermarket will do the trick .... IF .... you use a large piece of window cleaners scrim cloth. It is a pretty coarse cloth and completely lint free. Window cleaners use them on small Georgian window panes where the squeegy won't fit for a smear free finish.
    Also when you clean the window make sure the last wipes you do are vertical in direction not horizontal.

I always clean my cars car windows this way with perfect results.

A friend used to be a window cleaner many years ago and I used to help out for some extra cash in my pocket!! :icon_thumright:
  6. normski

normski Member

I have always found Autoglym Glass Polish great on the inside of the windscreen, though it can be a little dusty.

My mate who is a real hardcore detailer hates it and swears by Tesco's spray...
  7. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

Autoglym.