1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best used convertible for a 2k miles road trip

MooLard Mar 6, 2014

1. MooLard

MooLard Member

Hey there

While I could use the work-horse for a road trip later this year I would love to buy a used convertible that would also make for a moderately fun lap around the Nurgberg ring. We (partner and I) are driving to Austria via Brussels, Germany etc.
    I would only buy the car for the trip then sell on, was thinking up to £4k and would want something with most of the depreciation gone out of it! I was thinking of an Audi TT, 225 bhp.

What do you think, any other recommendations?

2. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Mazda MX5 is a cracking little motor with a superb chassis. IF you can get over the image.

Andy Crooks likes this.
  3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I was thinking the same thing, though the TT maybe a 'safer' car for the 'Ring'.

4. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

V6 tdi cabriolet, will be light on fuel, seat you both with luggage and still keeps value high so you will get most of your money back !

5. ScottishA4B9

ScottishA4B9 Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi A4 S-line owners group TDi saloon

Porsche Boxster is would probably be best and an early would would be easily in your price range.