Best tire for 1.6tdi

Ormesome

Reaction score
Afternoon Gents,

Looking out for some new tires for my A3 1.6tdi. I do long journeys (1000 miles ish) in the summer where it can be as hot as 35 degrees and in winter where it goes as low as -10! I don't fancy the idea of changing to winter tires in the winter, so I'm currently looking at the Michelin Crossclimate but unsure on the wear of this tire. Im more worried about buying the Crossclimate and the wear in the summer opposed to winter wear. Does anyone have any experience of using an All Season tire? Any suggestions for a good tire that might suit my needs? It doesn't have to be an All Season tire as i have snow chains but as it doesn't snow that often i feel i would prefer something that is good in the rain & cold temps. Not after something that can handle power or brands that you guys in your S3's use, just something grippy & quiet for a 1.6 diesel!! Something that would give me confidence during the winter would be nice, this winter it got a bit icy and even though my summer Conti's held up well, i still didn't feel super confident on them to drive as normal.

Thanks

:friends:

Last edited: