Best Time To Order S3?

Spook

Reaction score
I have been thinking about what would be the best time to order a new S3 from the dealer, and it occurred to me that we are coming up to the end of the quarter (31 March) and also the end of the financial year (5 April).

Car mags like Autocar and What Car? are always banging on about the end of the month/quarter being a good time to order a new car, as salesmen are more willing to discount in order to meet their monthly/quarterly sales targets.

Does anyone know anything about the way Audi dealers work in this regard, and whether my timing would be just about perfect for a healthy discount (and if so, how far they might be prepared to go) if I went in to my local dealer to "talk turkey" this weekend?

yesterday!

well seriously, at the end of each month would be ideal to buy a car - car dealers have certain goals to reach at the end of each month so expect them to go easier on you when you are trying to do a deal

but you will not get much discount on a brand new S3 anyway plus there will be the waiting time! there are already a couple 2nd hand ones floating about with several 100miles on them or more

Boydie said:
but you will not get much discount on a brand new S3 anyway plus there will be the waiting time! there are already a couple 2nd hand ones floating about with several 100miles on them or more
Agreed. While on more mainstream models you can expect a bit more discount towards the end of a month, the S3 just blows this idea completely; there's simply too much demand for it and the dealers will be sleeping soundly each night, knowing they'll get the full margin from S3 buyers.

dont tell me about it!... my dealer seems to be sleeping during the day as well as my S3 is parked for 3 weeks waiting plates.... I was in a good mood...

Pedro

That would be a terrific experience, driving a RHD in the uk... When I go there someday, I'll try it.

Boydie said:
thats what you get for bring a LHD S3 to scottish land :p lol

That was mean! :sadlike:

I got good sense of humour, though! :lmfao: see the money I saved this 3 weeks in petrol!!!

Pedro

P.S.: The other thing I can say is that my S3 will be a one-off! Until is nicked that is...

José said:
That would be a terrific experience, driving a RHD in the uk... When I go there someday, I'll try it.
Likewise, when I first drove a manual LHD car in the South of France, the first couple of hours were a real experience! Leaving Nice airport at midnight and fighting the gearbox with my right arm was strange. Got used to it in the end though.

LOL, yeah, and I'm left handed... Looks like the easter bunny is bringing me an S3, should arrive next week:laugh: With the holidays, the registration will take a few more days... With all the work I'm into, less time I have to think about it:readit:
In portugal, prices will go up again mid-year, with the CO2 tax. Cars with automatic gear change will go up 1500-2000 euros (A6 allroad for example) So best time is right now...
If new specs aren't scheduled, spend the money now, the new S3 will come in at least 4 years from now.

For me is not a problem, I regularly drive left hand drive manuals and right hand ones, also already drove a left hand drive in the UK before, no problems... You just get used to it, I suppose...
Best time to get an S3 is now, new reg plates change, and new S3 only in 4 years, at least. If you prefer wait for the next reg change in September...

Pedro

José said:
In portugal, prices will go up again mid-year, with the CO2 tax. Cars with automatic gear change will go up 1500-2000 euros (A6 allroad for example) So best time is right now...

tax will be 1500-2000 euro??? or the price of the car will go up by that?

ive only been to lisbon once but the roads down in the algarve are crap, apart from the motorway

i drove for the first time last summer in portugal - a nice big deisel megane estate lol that was a good experience!

going along with the crazy porty drivers :rockwoot:

price will go up by that...
Local roads aren't the best that's true, but the rest is great:)
Portuguese drivers are quite agressive... Especially in the northern part of the country, they won't beat you up, but aren't fond to be taken by megane estates;)

very true lol

one day in the summer we were going to Faro for some shopping

there must have been a motorbike festival on as there were hundreds of bikes zooming down the motorway

undertaking, overtaking, going between cars and doing wheelies up the motorway!! was crazy

what is the famous road from lisbon to the algarve? the A50?

never have i seen driving like it from some people - patience does not exist!

I'm from Portugal, from the north, Oporto, and I'm not like that!

You're right about megane estates, though!

I'm actually very patient...

Pedro