best TDI tuning box for the 2.5tdi? or remap

audi2.5tdi

Reaction score
what is the best option for a 2.5 tdi?

ive got a 99 AFB A4 B5 Quattro, ive fitted the turbo and injectors from a AKE (701s turbo)

can the ecu on these early cars be tuned by the OBD port or is it a case of new chip holder on the board and remap?

or is there any decent tuning boxes?

ive seen tdi tuning, stienbauer?

what is the best option for a 2.5 tdi?

ive got a 99 AFB A4 B5 Quattro, ive fitted the turbo and injectors from a AKE (701s turbo)

can the ecu on these early cars be tuned by the OBD port or is it a case of new chip holder on the board and remap?

or is there any decent tuning boxes?

ive seen tdi tuning, stienbauer?
I have tried all sorts of tuning boxes and remaps as well, i would say take a good tuning box over a crappy remap every day ! However, if you're after a good map then i can help, however it's going to cost you a few quid in soldering...

I have tried all sorts of tuning boxes and remaps as well, i would say take a good tuning box over a crappy remap every day ! However, if you're after a good map then i can help, however it's going to cost you a few quid in soldering...
did you see the link above about the stienbauer one, it sounds like they know there stuff, but is it worth £659 + vat ?

is it better than the tdi tuning box for £349?

The Steinbauer box does what it's said on the box, however i won't be spending that much ! I have a PSI tuning box suitable for AFB engines, drop me a pm for details...

Id personally go for a remap and not been biased. Adam you need to make sure you go to a good tuner to get quality. a good quality remap' you cant beat. just make sure you choose the right companies

Reactions: PAULF
To this day I have not found a single good tuner in Uk that understands the old v6 tdi engines ! I tried them all and seen and fixed many maps from prestigious tuners...

Reactions: PAULF