1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best tar remover?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by ian52, Mar 12, 2010.

1. ian52

ian52 2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

Whats the best stuff to remove the tar from my car? Its covered in specs of it and just want it all off now.
  2. BigD-a3tq

BigD-a3tq Member

autosmart TARDIS, spray on, agitate and see the spots disappear! (ebay)
  3. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving

As above, I swear by Tardis. No agitation is necessary with most applications. Wipe/spray on. Wait. Wipe off. It really is that simple.

It is available most easily from eBay. Failing that, Halfrauds stock Auto Glym Tar and Glue remover, which is not quite as stringent, but still acts well.

Do remember that this will take off any paint protection (wax/sealent) so it is necessary to polish and seal/wax after use.

HTH

James
  4. Showshine

Showshine New Member

Another vote for Tardis - Just watch that it isn't too windy when spraying on because it is a harsh chemical and you don't want to have that near your eyes/skin
  5. dc240969

dc240969 Member

lve just ordered the 250ml bottle along with a load of other detailing gear, hope the weathers fine next time home.
  6. ian52

ian52 2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

Tardis it is then.
  7. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

i used the cheapo £1 stuff made by car pride and it worked a treat ! spray on wait a few seconds and it wipes off ! oh and all for a meesley £1.00.
  8. phoenixv6quattro

phoenixv6quattro staylowmovefast

Tardis is awesome. My car, when I got her was COVERED in 10+ years of tar. It almost looked a different colour after I had washed, tardised and clayed her. Can't reccomend it highly enough. Make sure you apply it with a spray bottle, and remove with a nice soft microfibre.
  9. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving

Oh, and one other thing, don't spray it on your drive if your drive is TARmac. Hint is in what it does :(
  10. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

Tardis gets our vote too - brilliant product. Please make sure you buy it responsibly; it is a flammable solvent, and should therefore be shipped in it's original packaging (5L metal tin with hazard warning info) and not by Royal Mail (who do not allow the shipping of Dangerous Goods). We can provide it safely here...

Best tar remover - Autosmart Tardis

:icon_thumright: