Best springs for 30-40mm lowering with Bilstein B8's

Olly P

My other cars a mk2 Golf GTi
Reaction score
Hopefully at the end of the month i'm getting some Bilstein B8's and neuspeed arb's for my S3. I was wondering what springs people have used with them? Does anyone have any pics? I'm after lowering it by 30-40mm, the only springs that will do this seem to be the Apex ones. However, from the pics i've seen the back seems to sit lower than the front with them? Any ideas/advice?

I've been looking at the Weitec Hicon GT coilovers as well, any thoguhts on them? Guess i'd preffer the Bilstein's and springs as there tried and tested?

H&R -25mm or Apex -30mm

Don't bother going any lower as they will crash out of travel

<tuffty/>

Cheers for that, anyone got any pics of a S3 with the apex springs?

Just FYI, I'm running Eibachs, and I'm not 100% happy with the way the car sits, suppose to be -25mm all round, the rear dropped nicely, with the top of the tyre almost level with the wheel arch. The fronts though, only dropped by 5mm, though it would drop a bit more after settling, but nope, still the same.

135-3561_IMG.jpg

I had Eibachs Jo, didn't like the height either so went for Apex -30mm instead. Ride is spot on although the front does crash a tad when faced with a pothole or sunken bit of tarmac but it does have to be one that would make normal suspension shudder too...

IMO, the ride quality is better with the Eibachs but I do prefer the firmer Apex and the ride height is spot on...

20100301_IMG_4011.jpg

<tuffty/>