BEST SHOCKS FOR 2.0FSi SE ON EIBACH PROS

dgm

Reaction score
Per the title, I fitted Eibach Pros to my wife's 2.0FSi SE about 8 months ago with good results. The only downside is the shocks bottom out regularly on poor road surfaces and generally don't cope well with the drop in height. At over 60,000 miles the shocks are a bit tired anyway and I'm pretty sure one of the fronts is on it's way out.

The question is what are the best replacement shocks to go for with this set up and on a budget of about £250 give or take? Would the OEM sport springs be a decent option?

I have my Eibach Pros running with Koni FSD shocks which works very well as a combination.

Paul

I would love to go for the FSD's but I'm only looking to spend about £250. Has nobody tried the Eibachs with the OEM sport shocks or anything else mid priced?

Paul,

That is the setup I was thinking of going with. Can you post some pictures of your car? How does it feel on road ondulations/bumps? Does it jump up hard or feels nice, controlled and not too soft (won't hit the plastic liner)?

I had Bilstein B4 sport on my last car (bora) with eibach pro kit springs. Was a v good combo, the b4sports are designed to run with -30 mm shocks which I was what the eibachs are. Handled excellent with hardly any roll or pitch and ride was still ok. Not too expensive either,

Yeap FSD's mate all the way, great combo, well worth the extra dough if you can find it mate trust me as gonna have 2 cars on these soon.

Thanks for the replies. As much as I'd like to go for the FSD's, I've spent too much improving the looks of this car so I'll have to curtail the spending a bit. The Bilstein B4 sport seems like a good bet and I'll probably give them a go.

Thanks Damian but the FSD's and Eibach are going to cost £450-£500 and I'm trying to limit it to £250 or thereabouts. Any suggestions in that price range?

Last edited:
just going off topic a little, would the h&r 50mm and the FSD'S work as a good combination?

I've given in to all the advice and gone for the Koni FSD's which I got for a decent price. Still a good bit more than I wanted to spend but if they're as good as you all say then it's worth it. I'll report back once they're fitted.

Koni FSD's are fitted now in conjunction with Eibach Pro springs and I have to say the ride and handling are transformed. The car was probably on it's original shocks which were well past their best but even so it's just so much more drivable than before. The pot holed, rutted roads are absorbed in a way that was unthinkable prior to the FSD's but the biggest improvement is the inreased confidence you're given in hustling the car along at a decent pace on fast B roads, dual carriageways and motorway. It feels so much more composed and controlled in comparison to the previously easily unsettled ride and allows you push the car further than you would have dared with the original set up. Whilst I appreciate that the 2.0FSi isn't the most inspiring or quickest of engines, it still manages to build up a bit of a head of steam once it's up and running and the Konis and Eibachs allow you to maintain that speed in circumstances where the original set up wouldn't have allowed.

Whilst this isn't the cheapest of upgrades it's got to be the most effective for cars of this age and model. Anyway that's enough money spent on the wife's car, I'm considering a supercharger for mine in a year or so I'll need to get saving!