1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best seal for de-wiper rear

dancupra225 Dec 15, 2012

1. dancupra225

dancupra225 Active Member

Just de-wiper my s3 and got a bung from scrappy but not big enough anyone know what cars or what bung to get ?

2. James TQ

James TQ Member

i used the bung and a little silicone filler stuff cant notice it had no leaks

3. dancupra225

Thats what I done black.silicone on front and inside to seal the back end of it weather it does the job

Well with the rain we h save soon find out

4. A3-Lee

A3-Lee Active Member VCDS Map User

5. RobinJI

RobinJI Active Member

Not sure if the holes the right size, but on the Scirocco I did it using an aluminium headset top-cap from a mountain-bike. Penny washer on the other side of the glass and bolt through with a squeeze of sealant or an o-ring to seal it up. Works well, looks good and cost sod all (plain black one's about £3 from halfords iirc, I had one lying around.) Gotta say it's not as subtle as A3-lee's suggestion though, that is nice looking.

Edit, this is what it is if you're not familiar with bike stuff:
    Halfords | Halfords Aheadset Top Cap & Bolt - 1 1/8"

6. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

How about a rear wiper motor? They seal the hole perfectly and double as a way of cleaning the window of water, Win/Win

7. dancupra225

I have tinted windows hate rear wipers, pointless in.my eyes

8. dancupra225

So have sorted one just seeing if anyone else has

9. Routledge

Routledge Wind Deflector Trend-setter

Sigh... Mine came de wipered, and I hate it. I'm getting a wiper fitted this week and the bung that's in there looks pretty good.

Will get pics.

10. dancupra225

I'll do pics later as raining here still