1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best polish for white!

glenandem Jan 31, 2014

1. glenandem

glenandem Active Member

Hi Gus I've just bought a Peugeot partner and gave it a good clean but need to bring the whiteness back now as it has a lot of dirty stained marks in the white paintwork, I've always used super resin polish but run out if that and wondered if there's anything else I should look at that gives better results for bringing shine and removing ingrained marks out?

2. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

Mop it.

3. s3joe

s3joe Active Member

Get a da and some dodo juice lime prime after a good medium clay

4. glenandem

glenandem Active Member

cheers guys, is there anything i can do by hand though? i know i'll always get a better job from da etc but this is a work van and just need something to bring it to a nice white again then a dirty white if you know what i mean!

5. s3joe

s3joe Active Member

Just a good medium to hard grade clay and a good wax job done

6. ShaneSun

ShaneSun Member

I've used Auto Finesse Triple and found it very good, even by hand. Clay it first though, then use a good sealant after you polish it and it will give a great shine.

7. Brodster

Brodster Well-Known Member Team Ibis VCDS Map User Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Angelwax do a specific wax that is optically designed for white cars called Drift. I use it on my Ibis White S3 all the time. Great stuff and I stock it too.

8. glenandem

glenandem Active Member

Ive got a load if Magiuars clay bars, would they be good but I thought clay bars where for just taking the dirt off the body rather than polish it up?

9. Brodster

Brodster Well-Known Member Team Ibis VCDS Map User Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group

You've answered your own question there mate. Clay Bar is used to decontaminate the paintwork before polishing. Makes a huge difference.

10. Boon

Boon Active Member

I'd start with a soft clay first rather than medium/hard though, most van paint I've touched is as soft as cheese

11. grchmason

grchmason Active Member

Sealants every time don't waste your money on wax's on white Zaino or werkstett kit