Best place to buy RS4 Copies

N8KOW said:
The BBS CH is abit dated, and doesn't give the A3 the look I'm after. They are much nicer than the ones you've just bought though :icon_thumright:

LOL!!

I really want RS4 reps for mine, went to look at some and picked one up, felt like it was made out of kit kat wrapper :(

They are 25lb, which is a little bit on the heavy side, I have known of heavier wheels.

996TT_Stevo said:
Just had a look at that velocity, they do them and they look stunning, but they are 8.5" wheel with 38 offset, I think that is a bit to much. Demian do you know if other sizes are available?

Mine are the 48 mm ones....both are available.
about the rubbing issue, many many users were reporting rubbing at the back which would not go away even removing the fender screws.....this at STOCK height, so lowering would make it even worse !

The weight is 25 lbs each, a bit heavier but......who goes for 19" wheels for perfomance?? ;)

My friend had the Hartmann RS4 replicas in 18" and he had serious issues with bending....this was also noted in some of the US forums....

N8KOW said:
See Ju, all opinions, no1 will ever be right, or not every1 will ever think the same :eiertritt:
I agree, I'm not knocking you. If we all had the same taste it'd be a very boring place.
Back OT the reps from Velocity look a class above the usual ones!!:hubbahubba:

996TT_Stevo said:
They are 25lb, which is a little bit on the heavy side, I have known of heavier wheels.

Do we know what the standard wheels weigh???

DemianM said:
The weight is 25 lbs each, a bit heavier but......who goes for 19" wheels for perfomance?? ;)

You could upset the handling and ride severly though, if the wheels are that much heavier over standard. Sorry to bring them up again but BBS are hollow core technology and actually weigh less than standard wheels, so its win win all round - Less unsprung weight, better feel steering wise, and suspension that reacts quicker

Are there any official RS4 style wheels availible from Audi for the S3? I seem to remember there was - in 18". Is that right? And any idea how much?

Oli.H said:
You could upset the handling and ride severly though, if the wheels are that much heavier over standard. Sorry to bring them up again but BBS are hollow core technology and actually weigh less than standard wheels, so its win win all round - Less unsprung weight, better feel steering wise, and suspension that reacts quicker

A few small pounds will make no difference IMHO. I have had Khan and Techart wheels before that were 8lb over stock and had no issues.

Oli.H said:

BBS CH weight 25.2 lbs each, BBS CK weight 26 lbs each......:icon_thumright:

EDIT: Mine weight 26 lbs

Mikes are nice, would love to know the supplier in Italy, cut out the middle man, lol

DemianM said:
BBS CH weight 25.2 lbs each, BBS CK weight 26 lbs each......:icon_thumright:

EDIT: Mine weight 26 lbs

Not too bad then, most copies are consideraly heavier, did anyone know what the standard wheels weighed, for reference??:icon_thumright:

You often find the replica wheels are actually lighter than stock... The reps I put on my A3 where certainly lighter than the standard rims.

J.

Right been looking into this further!

I think Mikenbn has Hartmann wheels, I have read somewhere that they did do a 19 x 8.0 with offset of 45 and they say these are 100% Italian wheels and are the sole importer so I think it's them. If it is I'm on it! The only issues I have read is that a while back they were bending easy, maybe this has been fixed now.

The other wheel was the Velocity, which looks a very good replica (DemianM has been helping me out, Thanks!) I have been in touch with Velocity but they only do a 19 x 8.5 with offset of 47, which I think would rub on lowered suspension. DemianM is going to send me some side view pics.

Spoke with Hartmann Wheels, starting to make a bit sense, the Italian company that made their 19 x 8.0, 45 offset have gone bust! and they are currently looking for someone else to make these, they think it will be 2 - 3 Months by the time they have some in, they also stated they would do a group buy!

They also mentioned that the Velocity wheel is made in ****, whether that is relevant or not, just that I thought it was made in Italy also, might just be me!

Steve,
Here is the most "side" picture I have of mine. Which tyres do you plan to run?

Let me tell you that in my opinion, you might also rub lowered on the ET 45 19x8.....depends much on the tire.....the only problem is at the back, though....

As you check the pictures of other replicas, check the side profile of the spokes, some replicas have very thick spokes which I think make the wheel look OK in pictures but fat in person......this is specially important when see from the side.

:icon_thumright:

Local Audi dealer quoted me £254 each + vat for the 18"x8 RS4 wheels with 54mm ET

how does the weight of the wheel make any difference?
the weight is on the 'other side' of the suspension, so this wont affect the loading of the suspension will it surely?
I mean if the weight is inside the car the suspension will compress but as its on the other side of the shock absorber it shouldn't make any difference?
Am i being thick??

It is called "unsprung weight" and it affects the way the whole suspension (struts, arms, etc) react, specially through hard corners or when pushing the car.

dipstic said:
Local Audi dealer quoted me £254 each + vat for the 18"x8 RS4 wheels with 54mm ET

OEM to fit A3 for £254+ ? :ohmy:

If you don't mind... which dealer? I'm there!

Special Edition said:

I may be wrong here, but think it may be each, so £1016 for the set.

Special Edition said:

EACH,EACH,EACH,EACH :faint: + VATTTTTTTTT pay attention class :asskicking:

dipstic said:

If thats the case then its just as cheap as importing the ones from Australia, unless of course you want 19's. Personally i'd rather go aftermarket and get a good quality wheel than a cheaply made replica. Oh and I curbed by BBS alloys last night and am not a happy bunny now !

SteveTDCi said:
If thats the case then its just as cheap as importing the ones from Australia, unless of course you want 19's. Personally i'd rather go aftermarket and get a good quality wheel than a cheaply made replica. Oh and I curbed by BBS alloys last night and am not a happy bunny now !

Steve, that's exactly what I was thinking over the past few days

I can get a cheap set of 19 x 8.0 et45 Copies for £400ish or the AUS ones calculate out at £1050, the Velocity wheels from US work out roughly £450ish both these without delivery Tax/Duty, but the wife drives the car mostly and you should see the state of both nearsides especially the front.

mmmmmmm! decisions decisions.

I didn't miss the EACH dipstic, thanks. My point was the same as SteveTDCi... £1016+vat for THE wheels from an Audi dealer? That's not so high to put me off new, original, and suited for my A3.

Care to share which dealer, please? :icon_thumright:

N8KOW said:
ET 52? That isn't right surely :tocktock: , I think the highest offset for A3 is ET50 isn't it? Some1back me up here..... :)
Nope...my 18" 20-spokes are ET54 :)

dipstic said:
Just seen this on Pistonheads, dont know if still for sale,not RS4 but nice looking wheels
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/368659.htm

Need to check fit for A3

These look like 8.5x19s from an A6, in which case the offset is ET48 (I have a set myself for my sportback!). But they might also do them in other sizes perhaps...

N8KOW said:
ET 52? That isn't right surely :tocktock: , I think the highest offset for A3 is ET50 isn't it? Some1back me up here..... :)
All the OEM A3 alloys I've seen have been ET54, I think that's why running ET45 can cause rubbing issues.