Best place for a milltek turbo back

Lance-22

A3TDI
Reaction score
Hi guys, im hoping to get a milltek system fitted to my 2.0tdi a3 within the next week or two. Ive rang around a few place for quotes for the downpipe and cat back system but they have come back more expensive than expected. Awsome - £635inc vat and fitting, AMD - £635inc vat and fitting..does anyone know of anywhere that would be cheaper than this or am i just going to have to bite the bullet and pay up??

The reason for fitting this is?

It was a stupid question from Nigel. Give PSI Tuning a ring. I believe Mikey paid about £500 fitted for his, when I price it up before it was £450 alone. I paid £485 for my custom turboback exhaust with decat fitted from MIJ performance.

I have noticed alot of gains, plus, turbo spools up quicker and sounds sweet under full chatter. I did a thread on it, if u search my user.

N8...I am looking at a cat back for my 3.2 but am bothered about the noise....can you give an opinion ???

FAO Nige..
The reason i want to fit one is..their are Demons at work i my engine !! Its the devils work ya know. no good will come of it especially now the dark nights are here !!
So i either sacrifice a virgin.....or fit a Milltek and their ain't no virgins left in Dorking..

hope that clears that up ?

Yea but what about cruzing at 80-90 on the motorway ?? I dont want to be deafend sitting in a Boom box for hours on end...thats what i am thinking ? i remember an add they did that said all the noise cam out the back, if so thats fine :)

You only hear it when you put your foot down really, the general tone of the engine is slightly more sporty, but nothing to be alarmed about. So on the motorway, you can't hear nothing. It's an audi, not an Evo III :noway:

I'm 100% happy with mine anyway :wub:

Personally I wouldnt be wasting 600+ on an exhaust for a TDI, If it was a 2.0T then fair enough!

Diesels will always sound rubbish no matter how many bits you add on them! If its for perfromance reasons then theres only a marginal gain to be had, just chip and leave the rest imho:icon_thumright:

cheers N8 :yes: someone else thank N8 !! he's stuck on 99 :)

thats better......letter from the queen on the way !

Last edited:
Give Statller a call based in Sheffield but worth the trip for a good price and excellent service.

Fact is AMD in Woking are charging silly prices. go to essex and save a few bob. or a hundred £ + if your talking remaps....

Personally I wouldnt be wasting 600+ on an exhaust for a TDI, If it was a 2.0T then fair enough!

Diesels will always sound rubbish no matter how many bits you add on them! If its for perfromance reasons then theres only a marginal gain to be had, just chip and leave the rest imho:icon_thumright:

Well in my own personal opinion and my own person experience from having a turboback exhaust on my 2.0TDI, it is worth it! I paid £485 for full turboback exhaust with decat. Its sounds slightly gruntier when driving normal, but under full chatter it sounds really raspy and really aggressive, it doesn't sound like a diesel at all at that point!

I'll see full benefits from it when I get my custom map to go with it! :arco:

cheers N8 :yes: someone else thank N8 !! he's stuck on 99 :)

thats better......letter from the queen on the way !

Not a problem paddy :hi:

im gettin mine done in a few weeks, heard a few on youtube and they sound great IMHO.
You can only really tell its a diesel because it sounds like it is short shifting. :)

Hi N8, Im going for the cat back because i had the dpf delete pipe fitted. So technically it is turbo back just cost me more money.

Its costing me 390 fitted do you reckon that is too much?

Definetly sound much better with a Milltek on, I found my 2.0 tdi sounded far more petrol like and actually quite good for a derv, the price sound good to me.