Best place for a dirve shaft?

scottshere

Reaction score
Been told i need to replace my NS driveshaft
Well told it would be better and easier to change it rather than the inner joint and not 100% confident the outer CV joint is in good condition

Struggling to find a replacement, looking at recon ones and the only place i have found so far is
Drive Shafts - Car Parts Direct

£280 delivered - Ouch

Or do i just buy the inner and outer joints and have them fitted?

Is it definately a inner CV that is knackered, as they dont tend to go that often, unless you have been driving with a split boot for a while.

If it has the newer tripodic type inner joint you cant usually take them of the shaft, so a whole shaft is the only way to go on these.

If its an older ball and cage one, then just get an inner CV, as is not much that can go wrong with the shaft itself.

Is it definately a inner CV that is knackered, as they dont tend to go that often, unless you have been driving with a split boot for a while.

If it has the newer tripodic type inner joint you cant usually take them of the shaft, so a whole shaft is the only way to go on these.

If its an older ball and cage one, then just get an inner CV, as is not much that can go wrong with the shaft itself.

Cheers

I believe the inner one has some wear and is moving (so we think)
Have a strange click/metalic knock when i stop and start on both sides. The drivers side we believe is the CV joint (or should i say hope) as it is def worn and has now started to click. There is also some vibration/wobble at 80 which does not happen all the time and again feels like it is from the nearside. Had all the front arms/droplinks/tie rod ends replaced as a kit and this did not cure it.

We are hoping the a CV joint on the offside and a shaft on the nearside fixes things
As i said, it does feel as if it is the inner one that has some movement and is intermitent with both the wobble and the click/knock

But as usual, any ideas/advise is more than welcome as who knows if we are right :)
(just hope to stop spending money on this issue so i can start a few mods)

CV joints replaced and still getting a wobbling feeling, Thinking it maybe the inner joint now.
I thought it may be the dual mass, but even if i take the car out of gear it still wobble the same whilst free wheeling