best oem suspension upgrade for 54 plate sport???

DOLPHIN DIESEL

Reaction score
whats the best oem suspension upgrade from all of the vag range for the tdi sport? i want to lower the car a bit, not too much cos its the girlfriends car and i dont want the bumper or sump smashing off, also i would like to upgrade the arb's and probably the brakes plus whatever else you guys can tell me

cheers

why oem? most of the good brand aftermarket stuff is so much better than the vag oem

for example, the spring/damper combination is far too hard/crashy right across the range - a simple setup like koni fsd dampers with eibach -30mm springs is a million times better in terms of ride quality and road holding/handling.

the biggest oem ARB is too small, particularly for the rear, although the r32 front bar at about 24mm isnt bad if you pair it with a 24 or 25mm rear from neuspeed
best ARBS that suit the a3 are either Hoskiss or the Neuspeed but neither is cheap, but they have the increased rear stiffness that reduces the understeer considerably

having said that, a full set of r32/s3/3.2 345mm front and rear oem brakes can be had for about£350-£400 and are brilliant for road use compared to the 280 or 312mm front set up.

was just thinking oem so its cheap as people on here would have upgraded and no longer want the standard items, and also the idea was so the ride wasnt too harsh as its also my girlfriends car and she would be the one driving it the most, i have a mk2 golf for bone crunching stifness and gangsta ride height.

what kind of money would i be looking at to swap to decent aftermarket shocks and minus 40-50 springs?

cheers

i can live with that, just dont wana spend crazy dollars as the mk2 is my project car, im already getting carried away with the a3 though

ill have a set of S3 springs spare as iv just orderd a set of h&R springs from awesome gti today

Indeed, following month, purple trim and CHs. That'll be the happiest day :wub: I love my tractor estate, looks sick, quick enough, without stupid running costs, win win win

looks sick

A bit poorly with the dent yes, but it'll be all better soon as you said ;)

It will look super cool with the trim and rims, purple and akoya should work very well I reckon.

I'd agree, go aftermarket. Imo you'll use oem stuff then wish you had went aftermarket a few months down the line, so I reckon you'd be best to save a bit longer and buy aftermarket, instead of buying oem only to take it back off again?